Offre d'emploi : Part-time CFO
Founded in 2009, CryoTherapeutics is an early stage European innovative company that is now establishing its operations in Awans (Liège). The company is in the process of developing a novel catheter system to treat atherosclerotic plaque that causes heart attacks by delivering cryoenergy to the coronary arteries.
CryoTherapeutics recently raised 7M€ in its latest round of financing and will use these funds to continue the development of this technology with the aim of starting additional clinical studies later this year. For additional information about the company, please visit http://www.cryotherapeutics.com/.
In order to support the expansion of the team in Awans, we are looking:
Working closely with the CEO and as part of the executive committee, you are in charge of coordinating all financial, human resources, legal and administrative activities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You lead financial activities: accountancy, cash management, monthly, quarterly and annual management and statutory reports, variances analysis, reporting to investors and management control.
- You care about tax optimization, evaluate and implement tax incentives tools, you prepare the annual tax return in collaboration with external tax advisor.
- You lead the strategy in non-dilutive financing and manage reporting of current grants especially with DGO6.
- You are in charge of human resources management: recruitment, preparation of contract, management of stock-options, soft and hard HR, in line with the strategic development of the company.
- You manage internal administrative team and external providers to align resources requirements to the global strategy.
- You oversee legal matters in coordination with external lawyer firm.
- You are part of the COMEX, you offer help and advice on all of the projects and strategic questions, and report to the Board of Directors on the financial strategic development.
- You have a financial/accounting/tax background.
- You have at least 10 years of international experience in the medtech/ biotech sector.
- You have experience and expertise in Finance within small companies, preferably with VC funded companies.
- You have an hands-on approach that allows you to “think & do”. You have already led administrative departments or team.
- Knowledge of Walloon Region non-dilutive means of financing is a plus.
- You are recognized as a pragmatic and result driven manager and you are looking for a hands-on position.
- You are rigorous, detail-oriented, autonomous, committed and flexible.
- You have a strong team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English (requirement). The command of French si a must.
- A challenging position with a high potential innovative medical device company.
- To work in a human-sized, collaborative and respectful environment
- A variety of interesting contacts with international exposure.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.
- This position may transition into a full-role as the Company develops and the need arises.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential. Cryotherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.