Offre d'emploi : ICT Assistant
EURACTIV is an independent pan-European media network specialised in EU policies. We spark and nourish policy debates among stakeholders, including government, business and civil society. We cover policy processes upstream of decisions, summarising the issues without taking sides.
The EURACTIV Network provides free localised EU policy news in 13 languages. Together with our media partners, we reach over 1.7 million users across Europe and beyond, every month.
With 2,5 million page views and over 1 million unique readers per month, EURACTIV is a leader among online media specialised in EU policy. We address 80% of our readers in their own language.
EURACTIV has an original business model, based on five elements (corporate sponsoring, Euractor membership, advertising, EU projects, and content syndication). It is well funded and the content usage is free.
Type of Contract : Internship/ Trainee (Paid +transport expenses covered)
Languages Required : English
Starting Date: November
Duration of Initial Contract : 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the IT director, the ICT Assistant is expected to provide technical assistance to office staff as needed, resolve network problems promptly and accurately, initiate process improvements to better answer user demands, troubleshooting of all ICT equipment and other related tasks assigned to him/her and support, maintain and update the organisation’s online applications.
Summary of key functions:
- Assist in any ICT related task assigned by the ICT director
- Coordinate with the IT team and other service support providers to effectively resolve incidents and requests, both hardware and software.
- Ensure day-to-day functionality of all computing resources (Active Directory, WIFI access points, IP Telephony, video conferencing facilities, etc.).
- Upgrade and reimage computer hardware and application software as required. (Install and configure desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches)
- Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events.
- Manage users in Gsuite, provide IT Services orientation for Employees (Email, printers, scanners, IP telephone, etc.).
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve internet/Telephone connectivity problems.
- Supervise and process help desk support requests.
- Contribute to the work of the developers’ team to design new applications and to improve the efficiency of the existing ones;
- Write and keep documentation updated required for the applications;
- Support EURACTIV events team by managing on-premise audivisual systems
- Assist in supporting, updating and managing EURACTIV’s online applications
- Demonstrates flexibility and good judgement of priorities
- Complies with EURACTIV’s rules, regulations and code of conduct
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and part of a team carrying out multiple tasks
- Proactive, open-minded, team-player
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Experienced understanding of TCP/IP, networking
- Good knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Good knowledge of Google Gsuite
- System administration of Windows operating systems and Linux operating system
- Knowledge of audiovisual systems for events
- Post-secondary education in science related subject and/or relevant IT qualifications with specialized formal training in computer Science.
- Specialized training on relevant technologies is desirable.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of other EU official languages is an advantage.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in EU countries.
Application Submission Process:
Please mention in the subject line: ICT Assistant job application_First and last name and send your CV and a short covering letter to the following email address: email@example.com, in CC: Tolis Papastolopoulos, IT Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Postulez à l’offre: ICT Assistant
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément