Offre d'emploi : Area Manager other nuclear facilities (M/F)
Bel V is a subsidiary of the FANC (Federal Agency for Nuclear Control) and is in charge of the regulatory oversight in nuclear power plants and other nuclear and radiological installations in Belgium (research reactors,…).
We are looking for an Area Manager “Other Nuclear Facilities” who is responsible for the overall coordination and coherence of all the inspection activities and related support activities for the Belgian nuclear facilities other than nuclear power plants.
This function is a Mid-management position, reporting to the Director Nuclear Installations.
- The Area Manager sets and monitors the objectives and priorities of the Inspections Team (aka Area) “Other Nuclear Facilities”, based on the general inspection strategy and the yearly inspection programs.
- The Area Manager evaluates the outcome(s) of the Area:
- He/she is accountable for the verification and approval of all official technical documents related to his/her team’s activities before their expedition;
- He/she ensures that the reports (inspection reports, activity reports, evaluation reports, safety culture observation reports,…) are produced in time and with the specified quality.
- Education: Civil Engineer in Physics, Nuclear sciences, Mechanics, Electricity, Chemistry, Construction, Computer science, Geology, or Master or PhD in Sciences, Physics, Chemistry,…
- Meet the requirements for a class 1 expert certification, delivered by the Scientific Council of the FANC.
- Meet the requirements for a security clearance, level “secret” or « top secret » delivered by the “Autorité nationale de sûreté / Nationale veiligheidsoverheid”.
- Thorough knowledge of all installations under his/her competence, with a multidisciplinary view; Outstanding technical credibility.
- Member of mid-management with a confidential role, working from an obligation to achieve/meet objectives within the set deadlines.
- Experience: This function is accessible to candidates with a large experience (minimum 8 years) in the nuclear sector. Experience on mid-management level is a plus.
- Mother tongue is Dutch or French, with excellent knowledge of the other national language. Additionally, an excellent knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking) is required.
- People/team management (conflict management, establish objectives and priorities, allocation of resources, lead a team with objectivity, openness and fairness, motivate, coaching).
- Capacity to defend Bottom-up/Top-down messages, Capacity to validate/endorse positions developed by the organization.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking; Capacity to anticipate needs and evolutions (expertise, resources, ...) ; Capacity to develop new ideas.
- Capacity to take decisions, in dialogue with the stakeholders, to build/attract support and to defend those decisions.
- Capacity to promote Bel V (internally and externally).
Offer Bel V offers a permanent employment contract (no free-lance contract possible) with various benefits:
- A competitive gross salary in accordance with your experience.
- Meal vouchers, cell phone, laptop, pension plan and medical insurance (favourable rate for family members).
- A monthly “mobility” budget (with possibility to opt for a company car and/or public transport card, etcetera).
- Minimum 31 holidays/year.
- A modern and comfortable work environment (along the canal, a few minutes from subway station Bizet).
- A pleasant and intellectually motivating work atmosphere with +/- 90 employees (of which 60 engineers).