Offre d'emploi : Software Maintenance Engineer
Software maintenance engineer
With a team of 27 people in Belgium (Naninne), Our client’s mission can be summarized as “creating innovative products, solutions and services to increase human being’s quality of life”. To achieve this, we make use of state-of-the-art technologies with one main guideline: “technology is a means, not a goal, let’s make the smarter usage of it for the benefit of the final customer”.
From first ideas to final products, their engineering team will support theur customers during the various phases of project’s life-cycle: specifications, design, development, and maintenance.
Their field of expertise covers 5 main application areas:
- Cloud and edge computing
- Web developments
- Mobile development
- Artificial Intelligence
As member of the R&D team, you will be in charge of the maintenance phase of the strategic projects lifecycle. This position will offer you a diversified job, being involved in many projects and application fields as well as various technologies.
In their processes, 3 space-times have been identified regarding work-organization.
- New features development are based on 2-weeks sprint
- Corrective maintenance and 3rd level support usually involve service time of 1 to 2 days
- First and second line support usually involve service time of 1 to 4 hours
Their objective with this new position is to increase customer satisfaction and teams efficiency by allocating specific resources to each space-time. As software maintenance engineer, you will therefore be responsible for:
- Guidelines definition for designing maintenance efficient software at the intention of R&D team, implication in new projects from kick-off
- Application Testing
- Code-quality validation & acceptance before a project is transferred to the maintenance phase
- Documentation (from R&D) validation & acceptance before a project is transferred to maintenance phase
- Corrective, Adaptative & Perfective maintenance of applications in various technical environments.
- 3rd level support of third-party partners
- Interaction with internal and external IT-teams for pushing releases in production environments
- Contact with customer for projects in maintenance phase.
The technical environment you will be involved in covers amongs:
- .NET (C#) software development (Windows and Linux Platforms) - Microsoft Visual Studio as development tool
- Structured SQL: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle,...
- Document databases (Big-data): Couchbase, Mongodb
- Web services (.NET, WebApi)
- Web services security (OAuth, https, tokens,...)
- Web rich content (HTML5, CSS3, Ajax, JQuery, Angular 4, Bootstrap)
- Mobile development (Android & iOS)
- Under some circumstances: legacy environments (PowerBuilder, Delphi)
The R&D team is project oriented and follows the Scrum methodology (agile development). As a member of the R&D team, you will join this mindset and fully follow the methodology. You will be involved in the project since the beginning and throughout its whole life-cycle.
Maintenance tickets and planning will be dealt-with from their scrum management tool where you will be able to track development information, maintenance stories and reported bugs.
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Experienced in object oriented technologies covering several of the related domains as described.
- Experienced in database engines and .NET language
- You enjoy challenges and change.
- You have a positive criticism, with the aim of improving products
- You are able to switch tasks on a regular basis, you understand and deal with priorities.
- Self-sufficient (able to work at time and independently), bright and alert, open-minded, sense of detail, excellent communication skills, able to evolve within the organization and to handle quickly technical responsibilities within a project
- Language : Bilingual French and English
We offer :
- Permanent employment contract including excellent benefit package.
- Nice and connected environment
- Involvement in a dynamic team with participative management
- Varied projects and application fields
- Continuous technology background search
Postulez à l’offre: Software Maintenance Engineer
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément