Offre d'emploi : Technical Purchaser – Category Manager
AUTOMATIC SYSTEMS, a world leader in the automation of secure entrance control, has been designing and manufacturing pedestrian, vehicle and passenger access systems for over 50 years.
Founded in 1969, Automatic Systems has developed a unique know-how in the design of high-end obstacles, one-person detection and throughput management making it a brand renowned for the quality of its production in terms of performance and reliability. The company is part of the French group Bolloré.
Our large worldwide business network includes offices and subsidiaries in Belgium, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Canada, United States and 4 manufacturing plants (2 in Belgium, 1 in France and 1 in Canada) as well as a vast international network of distributors and local partners.
To strengthen our Procurement department, based in our Production site in Wavre, Belgium, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Category Manager Procurement.
As a category purchaser you will be part of the supply chain department in a Make to Order Environment. Your main challenges will be to balance cost/delay/quality defined by the Operations and the R&D Department in order to meet the customer requirements.
- Develop a close cooperation with the Planning Department in order to be able to meet the customer requirements on quality and delivery time
- Develop a close cooperation with the R&D department in order to meet the current and future customer requirements
- Manage sourcing, conduct negotiation and coordinate contract implementation with suppliers and the internal stakeholders
- Identify and contract suppliers with the right capacity and capability, meeting the quality requirements defined by the R&D Department
- Develop a methodology to integrate the supplier’s knowhow in our products
- Be accountable for the design, update and execution of specific category strategies
- Manage and develop the supplier portfolio
- Contract management
- Proactively identifying sourcing opportunities and propose improvement solutions
- Improve the cooperation and relationship with suppliers in order to provide the best balance delay/quality/costs
- Identify, assess and implement cost reductions linked to your categories.
- Manage and resolve issues linked to the procurement process
- Support the implementation of the new ERP system
- You have very a strong knowledge in mechanical manufacturing process (welding, machining, ..) and you can dialogue on an equal footing with the R&D of the company and the supplier
- A good understanding in the field of electrical / electronic components is an advantage
- Great communication skills - Ability to build and maintain effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Positive attitude and optimistic – you are ready to do your best for your customers
Education and Experience
- Master or bachelor in a technical field
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience in procurement as a category manager role within a technical environment
- ERP (MS Dynamics or IFS is a plus)
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Technical plan reading
- Team spirit
- Result oriented person with strong sense of responsibilities and pro-active attitude
- Problem solver
- Cost analyze
- Good communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Empathic and integer
- A permanent contract.
- An opportunity to grow in a constantly evolving environment.
- A salary in accordance with your competences.
- The position is to be filled as soon as possible
Postulez à l’offre: Technical Purchaser – Category Manager
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Achat / Vente | Brabant Wallon
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Achat | Brabant Wallon
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Acheteur | Brabant Wallon
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Purchasing Manager | Brabant Wallon
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Marketing / PR / Communication | Brabant Wallon