Offre d'emploi : Finance and accounting Manager
Our partner helps ro finance projects in developing countries.
As a Chief Accountant, Finance and Tax, you are the accounting team leader (3 team members) for the timely production of statutory, accounting and financial reports. You are responsible for the accounting, financial and tax operations and activities, and support controls and fiscal controls for the organization. The Chief Accountant, Finance and Tax is responsible for supporting the organization related to financial, accounting and tax management. This includes, amongst others:
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities (preparing business plans, budget forms for distribution; prepares fund summaries monitoring and support taxation issues)
- Analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including semi-annual and annual accounts
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Management of financial transactions related to projects disbursement, including hedging
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, semi-annual and year-end close
- Financial audit preparation and coordination of the audit process
Moreover, he/she is in charge of the external relations relevant for the organisation financial management: DGD, the Cabinet, the external auditors, the National Accounting Office, the Inspector of Finance…as well as for the financial reporting to DGD, OECD, National Bank etc. The successful candidate will be part of the Executive Committee and, in this capacity sharing the responsibility of the company's daily management.
The candidate should demonstrate the following skills: Key Requirements:
- You should possess a good degree in Accountancy from a reputable university and qualification as a Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant. Higher tertiary education is an advantage.
- You should have a minimum of 12 years of experience in a leadership role, including a financial management role. A preliminary experience in an investment company with a presence in the emerging markets is a plus. Prior experience of working with government-linked organizations is also an asset.
- Deep knowledge of economic principles
- Strong affinity with the mission of the company
- Perfect understanding of auditing practices and principles
- Master applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Strong analytical skills, excellent (oral and written) communication and persuasion skills within the organization
- Efficient and rigorous, working within the agreed deadlines
- An assertive and dynamic personality, with the ability to manage a small team
- Pro-active (for suggesting changes and improvements and for the development of tools supporting the analysis and the internal reporting)
- Trilingual Dutch, French and English
Salary and Benefits
Our client is offering a short term assignment contract in an international environment
- They offer a very attractive salary package: wage between 4500-6500€ depending on experience + meal vouchers of 8€
- A job that provides work-life balance and flexibility