Offre d'emploi : General Director
Africalia is a not-for-profit organisation created at the initiative of the Belgian Development Cooperative, which considers art and culture to be essential components of human and sustainable development. The organisation collaborates with civil associations launched in Africa in the cultural and artistic sector. To date, Africalia supports fifteen cultural organisations and networks in seven sub-Saharan African countries, as well as in Belgium. As part of its mission, it collaborates with various associations, networks and framework organisations in Africa, Belgium and further afield.
In order to continue working for this cause, the association is working with pro select to find a:
General Director (M/F/X)
Multi-tasking, management and strategy!
As General Director of Africalia, which is the only institutional stakeholder recognised by the DGD in its field, you are responsible for the continuity of activities and the sustainability of the organisation.
To this end, your missions are as follows:
- You are responsible for the strategic direction of Africalia and, to this end, the implementation and validation of the Multi-Year Plan (which is subsidised by the Federal Public Service for Foreign Enterprise) for the 2022–2026 period. This presents and details a significant portion of this long-term vision and direction, the progress of on-going projects and projects that are being renewed or launched.
- You espouse the vision, mission and strategy of Africalia, with respect to the sustained development of Africalia’ s outlook on the significance of the challenges of decolonisation in the cultural sector in Africa and Belgium, by adopting an approach that is innovative (in terms of methodology, tools, partnerships, etc.), proactive (strategic oversight, anticipating future opportunities, pushing proposals, etc.), participatory and reflective;
- You ensure the operational, organisational, technical (drafting technical and financial proposals) and personal management of a team of seven people through a collaborative approach;
- You follow sponsors’ regulations (DGD, UE, AFD, Enabel, etc.), strive to strengthen these relationships and develop links with new partners, both in Belgium and overseas, for the purposes of growth and diversification (of activities, fields of intervention and resources, in particular, material and financial resources);
- You are responsible for administrative and financial management (accounting, administrative and financial management are outsourced) and, as a result, you are the guarantor for the association’s budget, which you draft and supervise in conjunction with the financial coordinator. This includes a feasibility and risk analysis;
- You represent Africalia, its mission, values and ethics, both in Belgium and abroad, by promoting a creative and innovative image of the association with partners and during major cultural events;
- You are the preferred go-between for internal decision-making bodies and maintain close ties with them.
A committed, passionate expert!
You possess a university degree in development management, cultural management, African cultures and civilisations or similar and have seven years of experience in the development-management sector; alternatively, you have at least ten years of experience in this sector.
Five years of experience in human-resources management or managing an association/institution is also a must.
You have excellent knowledge and expertise concerning the cultural, artistic and creative sector in Africa and are able to build relationships with artistic and cultural stakeholders in the African diaspora in Belgium.
You speak French or Dutch fluently, with at least a good level of ability in the second, and are fully bilingual in English.
You are a person of conviction, are able to adapt to different cultures and demonstrate creativity, initiative, leadership, thoroughness and excellent communication skills, especially with your team.
You commit to the values and ethics espoused by Africalia. Africalia views the growing diversity of our population as a good thing and wants its human-resources policy to reflect this.
You are flexible in terms of time and location, since the role requires overseas business trips.
- A permanent contract
- A salary package that includes an end-of-year bonus and meal vouchers
For more information, please visit www.africalia.be .
Any interested candidate is invited to apply solely by pressing the “Apply” button.
Your application will be processed quickly and confidentially.