Offre d'emploi : Project and Financial Manager
Project and Financial Manager, 4 days/week
The Migration Policy Group (MPG) is looking for a project-, network- and financial manager for two transnational projects on migrant education and migrant entrepreneurship. The candidate will have key responsibilities in coordinating project activities in numerous European countries, providing organisational support, and monitoring the budget expenditures of the projects.
SIRIUS, the European Policy Network on the education of children and young people with a migrant background, has established itself as the main network of experts and practitioners on migrant education in Europe. Based on a Framework Partnership Agreement with the European Commission, SIRIUS informs education and migration policymaking and provides practical solutions to improve policies at local and school level, with MPG as lead partner of a consortium of 29 organisations.
Newcomer Entrepreneurship Support (NES) is a project funded by JP Morgan Chase Foundation involving MPG as coordinator and project partners from 5 European countries. The action empowers incubators, accelerators and other entrepreneurship services to become more effective and inclusive by attracting and catering for the needs of new coming (potential) entrepreneurs, with a focus on refugees and non-EU migrants.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Day-to-day running of two transnational networks, including internal communication with partner organisations, experts and stakeholders, coordination of project activities, and supervision of timely implementation of project schedules.
- Financial project management from a lead partner position, incl. preparation of technical and financial reports of the MPG-led consortia, guidance and coordination among partners, and preparation and monitoring of the budget expenditures of the projects.
- Organisation of virtual and, once the health situation allows, face-to-face project meetings, incl. agenda preparation, coordination with participants and local organisers, follow-up communication, preparation of expert webinars, and other logistical support.
- Coordination and management of the projects' external communication activities and dissemination plans, including maintenance of expert/stakeholder databases, and implementation of a visual identity.
- Content management related to migration, in particular migrant education and -entrepreneurship, including updating of websites, newsletters and social media, documentation of meetings, and compilation of project reports.
- Other administrative, coordination and support tasks as required.
Professional skills, knowledge and experience
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in project and financial management of transnational network projects, preferably in EU programmes
- Proven financial management skills and sound knowledge of EU funding, financial/technical reporting and accounting rules
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant discipline, such as social sciences, education, economics, communications/journalism or project management
- Excellent communication and editing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to summarise news, activity reports and policy documents
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software and IT skills in general, ability to work with content management systems
- Excellent English
- Knowledge of EU cooperation and support for migrant integration/inclusion and education
- Knowledge of main EU-level migration and integration/inclusion stakeholders
- Fluency in at least one other European language, preferably French, German, Italian or Spanish
- Experience in event organisation
- Confidentiality and tact
- Very good attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Good team-working skills, including flexibility and commitment to the issues
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own work within agreed parameters
- Ability to work independently and initiate activities as appropriate
- Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel within Europe on occasion
- Identification with the work and objectives of the Migration Policy Group and SIRIUS aisbl
The project and financial manager will work under the supervision of MPG’s Deputy Director and with the support of SIRIUS aisbl’s Executive Director and transnational Board.
To apply, please complete the MPG employment application form.
Please note that:
Applications should be sent in English.
Applications should be composed of the completed Application Form and a CV.
Applications should be sent electronically to email@example.com. No written applications will be accepted.
The deadline for applications is 29 January 2021.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.