Offre d'emploi : Event (conference) organiser for an association based in Liège
You will replace an event manager in his organisational and administrative tasks during his absence. A training period of several weeks with the worker is foreseen. A transition period is also foreseen at the end of the replacement.
You will be in charge of continuing the organisation of the scheduled conferences and maybe launch the organisation of new ones.
Conference organisational tasks:
- Being in charge of the global organisation of several conferences
- Management of the scientific papers and presentations (via different online platforms)
- Management of the registrations and payments
- Management of the web-event platform
- Website creation and updates
- Create and send promotional emails
- Being the main contact of the participants/authors and of the scientific organiser
- Create promotional documents
- Budget and final balance elaboration
- In case of in person event, venue, catering, travel and material orders
- Being present during the online or in person event to manage it
Association administrative tasks:
- Association members administration
- Social media activity
This is a non-exhaustive list, the job could require other tasks according to the situation.
- A bachelor or a master degree (event management, communication, public relation, marketing or others)
- A few years’ experience in event organisation, communication or other related domains
- Being fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Being fluent in French (written and spoken)
- Good computer skills to manage the different systems used for event organisation: Mailchimp, Stripe, Zoom webinar, paper/presentations systems (such as Conftool, Oxford abstracts, etc.), registration and payment platforms.
- Website creation and management skills with CMS such as Joomla and WordPress
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- You are flexible, solution-oriented and reactive to adapt to the situations
- You have your own car, in case you would have to attend a physical meeting, have some site inspections, etc, if conditions allow (travel expenses would be refunded)
What we propose
- An attractive remuneration package (incl. meal vouchers)
- A part-time contract (2,5 days per week i.e. 19 hours per week, flexibility is needed during events and deadlines)
- A contract until 30 November 2021 (could be extended)