Offre d'emploi : Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Langue(s) souhaitée(s)
Based in Gembloux at Créalys Science Park, Volition (https://volition.com) is a multinational life-sciences company developing simple and easy tests for the accurate diagnosis of many forms of cancer. The tests are founded on the science of Nucleosomics®, detecting the presence of possible disease.
Volition’s research and development activities are currently centred in Belgium (~ 50 staff), with additional offices in the United Kingdom, United States and Asia, while the company focuses on commercialising its diagnostic products primarily in Europe, then in the US and ultimately worldwide. Volition has just invested in a second building in Créalys Park, to set up its production activities. Its products will be distributed globally.
Volition is a world leader in circulating chromatin technology and is commencing clinical development of some of these technologies for diseases associated with NETosis. The clinical technologies include therapeutic antibody development as well as other technologies.
In the context of its expansion, Volition requires the services of a :
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
In collaboration with the Executive Board of the company and the outgoing Managing Director, you will manage Belgian Volition’s structure, with all due care, in line with the company's vision and mission.
You manage a team of managers and senior executives directly reporting to you for R&D, Production, Operations, Quality and Regulatory Affairs and Human Resources. You also supervise locally sales, finance or IT, which are all matters that come under the responsibility of departments based at other sites.
Your responsibilities :
- Leading the development of the company’s short-and long-term strategy, setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and describable.
- Providing inspired, collaborative and unifying leadership company wide.
- Ensuring a work environment based on customer satisfaction but also on the well-being and serenity of relations between colleagues.
- Supervising operational management of the company: production, maintenance and optimisation of equipment and buildings, investments, supply chain, R&D, Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs.
- Ensuring that all the Belgian accounting and finance requirements are met according to Belgian laws and overseeing the company’s fiscal activity.
- Assuring all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations in place.
- Working in partnership with the human resource department to ensure adequate hiring and development of the teams.
- Complying with all reasonable of safety and with Volition’s health and safety procedures from time at the premises where the Services are provided and reporting to Volition any unsafe working conditions of a company.
- Enforcing adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Promptly giving to the Board all such information and reports as it may reasonably require in connection with matters relating to the provision of the Services or the business.
- Focusing on seeking local, national and European funding to support innovation and development of the company.
- Master (or PhD) degree in a relevant discipline.
- Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position including the development and implementation of cost-effective strategies.
- Experience (scientific or other) in the health/medical sector.
- Experience in running transversal department (Manufacturing, R&D, quality/regulatory…).
- Understanding of corporate finance, budgeting and performance management principles.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources, personnel management, marketing, finance, logistics…
- Proven negotiation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly (including scientific questions), problem-solving skills and make wise decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken).
- Networking skills.
- The opportunity to join a fast growing company with great potential.
- A Belgian company with real potential for international development.
- Management responsibilities including strategy and day-to-day management.
- A building/innovative environment and one who will bring the resourcefulness and initiatives to be successful.
- A friendly and dynamic work ambience.
- A young, passionate and professional team.
- An open-ended contract and an attractive salary package.
Ref. 545-012 (2021)
Your application will be processed quickly and in confidence. habeas is managing this assignment exclusively.