Offre d'emploi : Belgium Safety Leader
Willing to take a step and make a successful career?
Join Nexans as the Belgium Safety Leader for our 4 Business Units !
At Nexans, we bring energy to life through an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions that transmit power and information to millions of people, communities and industries worldwide.
For over 120 years (before 2001 under the Alcatel umbrella), we have been shaping the world's evolution providing critical connectivity to households, businesses, infrastructure and all means of transport. Today we are committed to facilitating energy transition and supporting exponential growth of data.
We constantly help our customers meet the challenges they face in the fields of energy infrastructure, energy resources, transport, buildings, telecom and data. We are providing them with solutions and services for the most complex cable applications in the most demanding environments.
At the heart of our company are the people that make us who we are.
With an industrial footprint in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide, our future is shaped by people creativity, inspiration, aspirations and motivation. We employ more than 27,000 people. In 2019, the Group generated 6.5 billion euros in sales.
Committed to energy access for all, the Nexans Foundation supports initiatives that help bring electrical power to disadvantaged communities. We focus on promoting awareness about energy poverty and the importance of developing access to energy, in line with the UN aim of ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
Want to be part of an exciting journey? To support a strong Safety Action Plan in the 5 belgian plants, we are looking for our Belgium Safety Leader.
Responsibilities And Tasks:
Support to plants:
- He/she supports the plants in implementing the Group Safety policy, standards and tools; it includes people care, machine safety (CE regulation), fire prevention, risks, and all Nexans tool box ... related to all fields.
- He/she coaches plant team accordingly.
- He/she leads special projects or actions to support the plants to be successful.
- He/she support particularly the Red Safety plants.
- He/she participates in managing incidents and crisis situations in Safety domains with the country management, HR and local QHSE teams. He/she support AMSs (Alert Management System) processes and workflows to secure closing on time and adequate analysis and robust corrective actions.
- He/she defines audit planning and make audit & check tool implementation in the field.
Transversal & good practices:
- He/she leads transverse deployment of alert and/or best practices, providing contents to sites to promote Safety animation on site (transversal memo, campaigns, communication, HSE Alert,.) and supports
- Group QHSE processes deployment (rules & guidelines, training module, assessment tools, risk analysis, problem solving methodologies, Digital tools ,.,)
- He/she animates best practices, recognition& award systems in the country and leads benchmark.
Certification, Compliance and Regulatory activity :
- He/she helps the plant to be compliant with the legal obligations and when applicable certifications are secured.
Human capital development :
- He/she creates, organizes, animates and facilitates the Safety network(s),
- He/she collaborates and co-lead with HR in specific awareness and training events, such as the Safety Day annual event…. Or any training programs related to Safety
- He/she develops Safety network members, contributes to the identification and development of Safety team in management and expertise in safety tools.
What We Are Looking For:
- Engineering or University degree
- Experience as « Conseiller en Prevention Niveau 1 »
- Knowledge of the Belgian Safety legislation (https://emploi.belgique.be/fr/themes/bien-etre-au-travail/structures-organisationnelles/le-conseiller-en-prevention/definition)
- At least 8-10 years position in safety
- Technical and industrial safety skills required
- Risk management, experience in auditing will be appreciated
- Problem solving and logical mindset
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work in a matrix organization in a global environment, convince and make things changed
- Rigorous, assertive, autonomous
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional Use of French/English/Dutch is an asset
- Synthetic view
- Operational and practical experiences in plants
- Cross cultural awareness, ability to develop local leaders and experts.
Why work with us?
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Interesting and varied work in an international, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Competitive terms and working conditions
Boosted by a clear talent development strategy, you can go a long way if you are motivated, mobile and driven by the same values as us. We build people that build business.
Careers in cables. Amazing, actually!
To learn more about Nexans please visit www.nexans.com/career and take our interactive tour.