Offre d'emploi : Business Developer for Optical Product Innovation, R&D and Production
LAMBDA-X (www.lambda-x.com) “High-Tech Innovation Factory” division provides state-of-the-art optical technologies and engineering services for customized optical systems. Our mission is to be the trusted partner in the field of optics for the development of innovation programs, from concepts through prototyping to production.
We focus on high-tech innovation industries operating in the field of Better environment (space and defence), Better health (life sciences, medical technology) and Better processes (scientific, metrology and quality control equipment).
Leveraging on a 25-year expertise in optics, mechanics, electronics, software, and working in close cooperation with its customers, Lambda-X provides innovative and differentiating optical-based solutions in multiple and often complex industrial environments.
Lambda-X is part of Masters In Innovation, umbrella brand of the Verhaert Group, one of the biggest product development companies in Europe with 220 people over 7 innovation centers in 3 countries offering all necessary expertise to innovate successfully.
- Under the supervision of the C.E.O. and in close collaboration with the business development team and the engineering teams, you will be responsible to grow the portfolio of high-tech B2B customers and the associated sales, with a first focus on Europe.
- You will learn a unique method of selling services and you will help to spread this method to your colleagues.
- Understanding and promoting Lambda-X services through networking, prospection missions, participation in international trade fairs and shows, setting-up and exploiting digital marketing techniques, leveraging the existing tools of the Verhaert group.
- Responding to inquiries and quotation requests, looking for new opportunities with existing clients, identifying new business opportunities by analyzing the market trends and the competition.
- Managing key-accounts and customer satisfaction through adequate communication and meetings management.
- Managing sales process internally in good coherence with company’s EN9100 quality system to ensure that customers’ requirements as well as commercial objectives (quality, delivery times, deliverables…) are well fulfilled.
- If you succeed in these challenges business development tasks, we are eager to see you growing into a sales managerial role.
To be able to do this, you probably are:
- Looking for more variation and challenges in your current job (we work for several markets, on several innovation challenges for governmental or international agencies, large and small companies).
- Eager to acquire a deep understanding of trends, innovations and challenges of markets.
- Happy to make your clients succeed.
- Creative, motivational, inspirational and solution oriented.
- You are a master in commercial engineering, economics or product development.
- You have prior experience in innovation and development and/or in business development.
- You are a commercial talented person and you are able to build new relationships with directors and C-level executives.
- Fluency in English and French is an absolute must. Dutch and German are a big plus.
- You are eager to learn about optical business and new product development.
- You have superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- An existing network is an additional advantage.
- A work environment, culture and team focused on tangible innovation.
- Attractive salary package.
- A chance to work in an environment centered around breakthrough innovation.
- Verhaert’s academy: monthly training sessions on our coolest new projects & developments.
- “Onboarding in sales / innovation and R&D” methodologies spread on 8 weeks.
- Interaction with start-ups, big corporates and everything in between.