Offre d'emploi : Junior AP Accountant - Brussels
My client is currently looking for a Junior AP accountant with 3 years' experience in accounting, proficient in English and fluent in Dutch and/or French to join his finance department.
My client is an international non-profit organization active in the research sector
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Junior AP Accountant will have the following responsibilities:
Accounts Payable tasks:
- Booking of purchase invoices, credit notes and expense reimbursements in Exact Online via ProCure, a software used for managing the entire purchasing process.
- Managing the Finance mailbox and Scanning-invoices mailbox
- Keeping track of pro-forma invoices
- Processing of Zoomit invoices via the software ProCure.
- Monthly review of the Accounts Payable Aging and follow-up, reconciling of vendor statements and correct discrepancies.
- Preparing payments in Isabel and BelfiusWeb (automated payment batches and manual payments)
- Booking of bank statements
- Handling all paperwork with regard to company credit cards (sending out monthly credit card statements to all staff and Board and chasing their credit card receipts) and booking in Exact Online via Coda-files.
- Coordinate the overall process of expense reimbursements (staff reimbursements and reimbursements to doctors who work as a volunteer for our society)
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
General Ledger and other tasks:
- Participate in the month-end close process (set up of accruals/provisions in AP, prepaid accounts, other closing entries)
- Preparation and posting of journal entries
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Provide supporting documentation to the auditors
- Ad-hoc support to Finance Manager and Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance with very good knowledge of accounting principles (local Belgian GAAP policies and procedures);
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Accounting;
- Proficient in English (both written and spoken) and fluent in Dutch and/or French;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Knowledge of an ERP, knowledge of Exact Online is an asset;
- Positive mind-set
- You have a work experience in an international environment
- You are pro-active, reliable, flexible and you have an eye for detail.
- You are a team player with the ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to handle stress and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- A challenging and varied role in a high demanding but pleasant, multicultural and international environment.
- A competitive salary package with fringe benefits (meal- and eco-vouchers, a hospitalisation and medical insurance, net allowances, bonus etc.)
- A full-time (39 hours) permanent contract with flexible working hours and the possibility to telework (2 to 3 days per week)
- 27 vacation days and 6 working time reductions days per year
- A perfect office location close to Brussels' Central station if you want to commute per train.