Offre d'emploi : System Engineering Team Leader
Seeking: software skills – people management – technological environment.
The Thales Group (https://www.thalesgroup.com) is one of the world’s leading players in technology for safety and security in two key areas: Defence & Security and Aerospace & Transport. The expertise of its 62,000-strong workforce and its operational presence in 56 countries make it a key player in the security of citizens, infrastructure and States.
Our client, Thales Belgium SA, the Group’s Belgian subsidiary, has 2 operational sites, located in Tubize (near Brussels) and Herstal (near Liège) respectively.
The Tubize site, which employs 150 people, is one of the Group’s skills centres and specialises in design, development and supply of information systems critical to all kinds of platforms for use by clients in the Defence, Security, Aeronautics and Transport sectors.
The Herstal site, which employs over 80 people, specialises in design, development, production and supply of weapons systems for helicopters and aircraft for use by clients in the Defence (MoD) and Aeronautics (OEM) sectors. The entity is one of the world’s key players in the field of airborne weapons systems.
For its Herstal site (formerly Forges de Zeebrugge) Thales Belgium is currently seeking a (m/f) :
System Engineering Team Leader
Within the Engineering department (with 35 people in three divisions: Systems, Mechanics & Pyrotechnics, Design Offices & Industrial Methods), you will head up the Systems division comprising a multidisciplinary team of 10 engineers (embedded software, electronic design, system simulation).
Your responsibilities will include:
- you manage your team and oversee its development (targets, skills, recruitment and consultancy) in order to ensure it is competent and efficient;
- you ensure that tools and best practices are implemented throughout the phases of the offer and project life cycle;
- you ensure that knowledge and assets are shared and capitalised;
- you promote continuous improvement based on the analysis of root causes, problem resolution, the deployment of new practices, etc.;
- you implement multi-project synergies in order to optimise the cost of technical solutions;
- you perform technical reviews relating to your discipline on offers and projects;
- you are responsible for the adoption of new technologies;
- you approve quotes (budget and schedule estimates) for the projects assigned to your team;
- you ensure the efficiency of your team through target and KPI management;
- you take part in strategic product development and department organisation decisions.
- You are a trained engineer or have equivalent experience.
- You have confirmed experience in team management in a technological industrial environment.
- You have solid expertise in software and embedded software.
- You are used to working with Agile/SCRUM methodology and the JIRA tool.
- You are recognised as a people manager for your skill in creating and promoting a positive work environment, developing your team, supporting and encouraging innovative ideas, communicating and being influential.
- You are client-focused and your problem-solving skills and ability to make and keep commitments need no demonstration.
- You are able to move from everyday activity management to long-term strategic thinking.
- Experience with the following will be considered as a real asset:
- new project development from scratch
- software continuous integration tools: Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Cmocka, Coverity, Sonarqube, etc.;
- GNSS technology;
- AI technology, in particular computer vision;
- communications systems (CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, 1553, ARINC429, etc.),
- hardware and software certification standards: DO-178C, ISO26262, DO-254, etc.
- You speak fluent English and live at a reasonable distance from Herstal.
- The solidness of a major Group and the flexibility of a structure with a human dimension.
- A company at the forefront of innovation and an environment which encourages employees’ personal development, providing the opportunity to go up the ladder in an international Group.
- Values such as an enterprising spirit, sense of responsibility, awareness of ethics, creativity and teamwork.
- An attractive pay packet.
- Open-ended contract.
Your application will be processed quickly and in confidence. habeas is managing this assignment exclusively.