Offre d'emploi : Head of Target Discovery and Validation (M/F)
iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011.
In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $230million of gross proceeds. In June 2021, iTeos entered into a transformative $2.145 billion co-development and co-commercialization agreement with GSK for EOS-448, iTeos’s anti-TIGITmonoclonal antibody. As a well-capitalized biotech company iTeos is positioned to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage our fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients.
For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class biotech in cancer immunotherapy. To carry on its growth, expand its pipeline and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a (m/f) Head of Target Discovery and Validation.
The Head of Target Discovery and Validation is a senior role in the Research and Development Department and the successful applicant will have the chance to shape iTeos Therapeutic’s future pipeline programs. In collaboration with the Search and Evaluation cross functional team, he/she will play a key role in reviewing and selection of new targets and target biology for inclusion in the iTeos discovery pipeline. The role will involve managing a team of dedicated scientists but also work across the various functions at iTeos to interrogate the biology of novel targets, their regulation in disease, understand their expression patterns, their druggability, propose drug modalities and evaluate the relevant competitive space. He/she is responsible for driving internal target discovery efforts and the design, implementation, and management of research projects aimed at understanding mechanism of action and the validation of targets in immune-oncology. The ultimate aim is to recommend promising targets for further drug discovery efforts. The position also involves collaborating with external academics and contract research organization collaborators to accelerate new oncology therapies.
The successful candidate will have a strong R&D scientific and clinical background, proven project and people leadership, strategic acumen and excellent communication skills. In addition, the candidate will have an ability to engage and collaborate across organizational boundaries with an entrepreneurial attitude by acting with urgency and agility.
- In collaboration with colleagues in BD and R&D, review emerging targets and assets in the IO space with a view to identifying opportunities to build the pipeline
- Execute rigorous validation of novel IO opportunities emanating from academia, VC, biotech including early research projects
- Manage cell biologists, immunologists and a screening team
- Drive the iTeos Discovery process
- Set the prioritization of projects within your team in line with the company strategy and in collaboration and matrix management across functional groups at iTeos including bioinformatics, medicinal chemistry, biology, clinical, translational medicine and business development.
- Provide clear recommendations to senior teams for the promotion of projects to the drug discovery stage
- Act as an expert in industry trends in oncology including awareness of competitor datasets in iTeos areas of strategic focus
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology
- 5-10+ years in oncology life sciences industry with PhD.
- Proven scientific track record in early drug discovery projects with emphasis on early drug discovery in multiple target classes from hit qualification to lead identification phase with >5 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology sector.
- Excellent creative problem solving skills.
- Strong scientific reputation in drug discovery and development.
- Experience in the following techniques: Flow cytometry, immune based cell assays, biochemical and biophysical assays, cell-based assays for drug discovery high-throughput screening, automation, target engagement assays, RNAi, CRISPR, immune based oncology models.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior executive teams.
- Proven innovation driven leadership abilities in a drug discovery environment with demonstrable knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical R&D.
- A strong track record of building successful internal/external partnership and collaboration relationships, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Extensive experience in pharmaceutical R&D, demonstrating international experience in multiple cultures and drug discovery / clinical environments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence experienced professionals.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- A commitment to rigorous data analyses and interpretation
- Excellent communicator who takes responsibility for decisions made. Role model engagement and commitment.
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and be a team player in an interdisciplinary team-oriented environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Send your CV together with an adapted cover letter via https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/head-target-discovery-and-validation-mf-en/ or to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
Postulez à l’offre: Head of Target Discovery and Validation (M/F)
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément