Offre d'emploi : Mass Spectrometry and Clinical Data Analysis Scientist
Based in Gembloux at Créalys Science Park, Volition (https://volitionrx.com) is a multinational life-sciences company developing simple and easy tests for the accurate diagnosis of many forms of cancer. The tests are founded on the science of Nucleosomics®, detecting the presence of possible disease.
Volition’s research and development activities are currently centred in Belgium (approximately 40 staff), with additional offices in the United Kingdom, United States and Asia, while the company focuses on commercialising its diagnostic products primarily in Europe, then in the US and ultimately worldwide. Volition has just invested in a second building in Créalys Park, to set up its production activities. Its products will be distributed globally.
Volition is a world leader in circulating chromatin technology and is commencing clinical development of some of these technologies for diseases associated with NETosis. The clinical technologies include therapeutic antibody development as well as other technologies.
In the context of its expansion, Volition requires the services of a:
Mass Spectrometry and Clinical Data Analysis Scientist
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Data Scientist to join our R&D Department (20 people). Your primary responsibilities will be to characterize the epigenetic profile of circulating nucleosome by analyzing Mass Spectrometry data and clinical data. In this role, you will work closely with the R&D Director, the whole R&D team as well as external collaborators to provide datasets generated from patient samples enabling the identification of clinically relevant novel biomarkers for early cancer detection.Specific tasks include :
- responsible for mass spectrometry data analysis;
- develop workflows to analyze and visualize complex proteomics dataset;
- perform appropriate statistical tests to analyze biomarker datasets from large patient cohorts;
- provide results and data interpretation to project teams;
- present data in written and oral form to effectively communicate detailed findings to diverse audiences;
- conduct literature review.
- You hold an advanced scientific degree (PhD) in a science discipline (e.g. biochemistry, analytical chemistry, biotechnology) or a Masters’ degree in Biochemistry or related field, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise with mass spectrometry data analysis, an expertise in post-translational modifications will be considered a plus.
- Proficient with mass spectrometry data analysis pipelines database, search algorithms.
- Expertise in biostatistics, experience with IBM SPSS Software or SAS Software is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent in English, (Knowledge in French would be an advantage).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team spirit, and high level of commitment.
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to work independently using own initiative and as part of a team.
- A building/innovative environment and one who will bring the resourcefulness and initiatives to be successful.
- A Belgian company with real potential for international development.
- A friendly and dynamic work ambience.
- An open-ended contract and attractive salary package.
Ref. 545-013 (2021)
Your application will be processed quickly and in confidence. habeas is managing this assignment exclusively.