Offre d'emploi : Accounting & Finance officer
The European Medicines Verification Organisation (EMVO)
EMVO is a Belgian non-profit organisation created in 2015 as a joint initiative of EU supply chain stakeholders, representing pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, community pharmacists and hospitals. We ensure the implementation of a functioning, secure, interoperable and cost-effective system across Europe, to ensure patient health and safety.
EMVO is responsible for the European Medicines Verification System (EMVS), a European-wide system created to prevent falsified medicines from entering the legal supply chain. It demonstrates the principle of European integration and has a real-world impact for patients and the healthcare sector across the EU and EEA member states.
Alongside our founding stakeholders, we work with the European Commission, 30 National Medicines Verification Organisations (NMVOs), and over 2000+ pharmaceutical companies are currently connected to our system.
Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport. Due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted remotely.
You will be responsible for the successful maintenance of EMVO’s books & financial records and the management of EMVO’s accounts payable and receivable processes, following the strategic directions of the Head of Finance & Accounting.
More specifically, as Accounting & Finance officer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the bookkeeping: executing financial and accounting procedures.
- Maintaining financial records, accounting controls and general ledger accounts while complying with legal regulations in the relevant area.
- Assisting the external accountants for the accounts’ closure and the VAT and tax reports.
- Managing and monitoring accounts payable and receivable related transactions.
- Supporting financial reporting actions: balance sheet, income and cashflow statement.
- Updating and maintaining financial data of the accounting and finance systems.
- Supporting financial monitoring, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assisting in the enhancement of the financial and accounting processes and systems.
EMVO is looking for someone with the skills and qualities to carry out EMVO’s accounting and financial processes. We are therefore looking for candidates that demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You have minimum 2 years’ worth of experience in the accounting field.
- You have a perfect understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- You are highly proficient in accounting systems (e.g. WinBooks, Bob) and the MS Office suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- You are able to work independently and meticulously.
- You have great attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- You possess excellent time management skills.
As Accounting & Finance officer at EMVO, you will be part of a dynamic and growing international organisation.
EMVO will also offer you:
- A permanent position within a dynamic working environment, working with innovative systems and alongside friendly, open colleagues.
- You will be involved in an interesting and challenging work within large scale projects.
- We offer an attractive remuneration package including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, group insurance and health insurance.
- A career in a secure and stable working environment in an industry that is vital for today’s evolving society.
- Our office is based in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
You are fluent in French and English.