Offre d'emploi : Software Architect (M/F)
Created in 2019 as a UCLouvain spin-off, VOCSens develops innovative gas microsensors for remote environemental monitoring, industrial, security and health applications, supplying reliable and relevant data. The spin-off aims to the development and commercialization of ultra-low-power low-cost multi-pixel CMOS gas microsensors for the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 markets.
The VOCSens technology, unveiling the invisible, is a crucial step in today and tomorrow's challenges related to ecology, health, economy and environment.
The company currently includes 7 dynamic and easy-going experts. They just raised 2.5 Mio€ and expect to triple their team in 2022! They are about to launch the industralisation phase and to accelerate the commercilisation.
Find out more about the company on their website: www.vocsens.com.
To support the growth of the company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, we are currently looking for a (m/f): Software Architect.
As Software Architect, you oversaw the implementation of applications at cloud/local server and embedded system levels. You are also il charge of the improvement of the database architecture for deep analytics (machine learning), in order to process reliable and qualified environmental & gas concentration data. You closely work with the CTO and CEO to develop the best architecture.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing a coherent and efficient system architecture at both embedded and server levels, using Docker container implementation (or similar).
- Managing the building blocks, ensuring a reliable collection, storing and processing of the data, minimizing the energy consumption
- Leading the deployment, integration and testing of the newly developed AI technology within the company existing platform.
- Building a strategic and ambitious long-term plan for the use of AI technology, enabling highly valuable data processing.
- Conducting reports on the knowledge & expertise, and internally communicate any technical concepts appropriately and effectively to the other engineering teams (R&D product developers, application & field engineers, etc.).
- Your report work evolution on a regular basis the to CTO and CEO.
Regarding the development of the company, you will lead a small team of engineers.
- You have Master or a Ph.D in software engineering, computer science or related field, with minimum 5 years of experience.
- You manage the different levels of system programming (embedded and/or server/cloud) and container-based implementation.
- You have skills in system architecture for IoT and Industry 4.0 applications.
- You are comfortable for scripting and code development (Python, C) including demonstrated knowledge in database management (MySQL, MariaDB).
- You have an interest in AI and data science, with a regard on physical meaning of data.
- You are able to integrate various research methods and tools, and to erect relevant architecture between all the building blocks.
- Solutions, quality, innovation and results oriented, with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, hands on, autonomous, rigorous and flexible.
- Very good command of English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- A diversified and challenging position within a growing startup.
- The opportunity to join a human scale and dynamic company with a motivated team.
- Working in a enriching ecosystem made up of customers, integration partners and university researchers.
- An competitive salary package including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/software-architect-mf-en/ or via email@example.com.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.