Offre d'emploi : Product and Design Manager
As Product & Design Manager you to liaise all the internal and external requests in order to develop the right products that are technically feasible to produce and requested by the market.
Our client is a very strong and international family-owned manufacturer of flooring products. In order to strengthen their future growth, they are currently hiring a Product & Design Manager.
AKA Product Manager AKA Design Manager AKA R&D Manager AKA R&D Engineer AKA Product Marketeer
For this position you can either be based in the plant in West-Flanders or in the plant in Spain (Alicante region).
In this position as Product & Design Manager you are in between sales, marketing and R&D, where you will be in charge of the following:
- Coordinate all activities to bring a new product to market (development, marketing, sales, customer service) or to end the lifecycle of a product
- Manage the product lifecycle by analyzing sales statistics & market trends
- Translate requirements into technical products features (what) and product designs (how) based on briefs from internal and external partners
- Develop and take part in new ideas, techniques, materials and development of innovation boards for product development (R&D, Production, Marketing, Sales)
- Support the Sales Manager on the product strategy and set out a detailed product plan based on that
- Evaluates and ensures the optimization on cost and design effectiveness of existing products and/or product lines
- Collaborate very closely with the R&D Engineer so the technical feasibility of developments can be guaranteed
- Regular contact/visits to key partners and events
Ideally as the future Product & Design Manager you correspond to the following criteria:
- You are a technical or commercial (industrial) engineer, with a strong interest for a close collaboration with sales/customers as well with a strong feeling for product development and product improvements, in order to provide technical support and ideas
- These are the skills we are looking for: ability to prioritize, ability to execute, very communicative and organized and a metrics and data driven approach
- You are willing to travel to Spain every 2 months for a couple of days (or Belgium if based in Spain). Also business trips abroad will be made 3 times a year together with your sales representatives
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the Dutch and Spanish language could be a plus
Our client is offering a challenging opportunity in a changing and financially healthy group. As a salary package they can offer up to € 70.000 gross per year, in combination with a company car, insurances, meal vouchers and a cell phone.