Offre d'emploi : Finance and Administration Manager
The Finance and Administration Manager leads the team responsible for maintaining BirdLife Europe finances, accounting procedures, statutory obligations and human resource administration as well as for the smooth running of the office in Brussels.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director and BirdLife Europe Leadership Team, develop the budget for the Division, monitor progress by preparing forecasts, facilitating internal scrutiny and making necessary adjustments
- Provide financial information and reports to BirdLife Europe Leadership Team in support of monthly monitoring of risks and decision-making
- Preparation of financial reports to the BirdLife Europe Committee and Board of Directors of Stichting BirdLife Europe
- Support Regional Director to implement BirdLife Europe financial policies and procedures, in compliance with both Belgian and European legislation and BirdLife International policies.
- Oversee everyday accounting data entry, sales and purchase ledger, journal entry, encoding invoices, carrying out bank payments and reconciliations, updating cash management, staff expenses, verification of incoming payments, financial excerpts, operating the accounting system.
- Oversee support to Project Managers to produce project budgets and reports to Donors, including monitoring of project expenses and core recoveries
- Ensure monthly closing of books and the necessary reconciliations, as well as monthly reporting to the Finance and Administration Department in the Global headquarters.
- Prepare and revise contracts and procurement tenders and maintain the contract database
- Perform administrative and contractual checks and controls, ensuring compliance with Belgian and European laws, including the statutes of the Association, under direction of the Regional Director
- Maintain relations with banks and external consultants on all financial matters
- Support the preparation of the European Commission operating grant report, including evidence gathering.
- Work closely with all BirdLife Europe staff to assist their information needs, including project balances for those managing projects.
- Oversee human resources administration and support Regional Director in implementing the People Plan for the BirdLife Europe Division
- Ensure smooth running of Brussels Office.