Offre d'emploi : Data Center Facilities Technician, Mechanical
Data Center Facilities Technician, Mechanical
- Associate's degree, trade school certification, other verifiable training in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with mechanical maintenance, including Fire and Safety Systems, Buildings Infrastructure, Pumps, Tanks, Piping, Elevators, and Cooling Systems (e.g., HVAC equipment, Chillers, Cooling Towers).
- Experience investigating failures and performing data analysis.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or projects on these systems.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays on shift-based schedules.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Take responsibility for the uptime and maintenance of water pumps and treatment systems including HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and Control and Monitoring Systems.
- Troubleshoot problems, repair infrastructure equipment, and supervise/support contractors to deliver service.