Offre d'emploi : Regional Head of Data Center Public Affairs
Regional Head of Data Center Public Affairs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in working on public affairs, political communications, and/or tech policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, private sector, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience with working in Europe in the data center industry.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience working with international teams and a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience with developing and executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent political and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
About the job
Google's infrastructure needs go far beyond server computers. As Google's products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google's future -- everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google's infrastructure growth. You'll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
In this role, you will enable positive, efficient, low-cost data center site selection, operations, and expansion via community engagement, advocacy, and risk management while showcasing data center qualitative and quantitative benefits to the economy, community, and environment.
As the Regional Head of Data Center Public Affairs in EMEA, you’ll be part of a diverse global public affairs team enhancing and protecting the data center lifecycle. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the various organizational skills to manage people and projects across EMEA. You’ll bring life to our economic, sustainability, and social contributions, creating connections between technology and modern life. You will be responsible for executing our community grants programs, and building out our public policy and community engagement activities in a programmatic manner. You’ll network with ease, provide public policy thought leadership, assist in building out our workforce development pipeline, and build relationships easily in Google and externally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Advise Google on how to shape our data center initiatives in a way that is coherent with the EU Governments and local municipalities’ priorities.
- Ensure that Google maximizes the opportunities to partner with EU institutions and that we tell the story of our data center commitment in the most effective way