Offre d'emploi : Chief Operating Officer (M/F)
Vesale Bioscience, a Vesale Pharma spin-out, is dedicated to organizing the development, production and distribution of bacteriophages. Modern phage therapy is the most promising treatment against antiobiotic multiresistant bacterial (AMR) infections, one of the biggest global health challenges, referred to as “the next pandemic” by the WHO. AMR is expected to become the single largest death cause within the next quarter century, surpassing cancer.
Vesale Bioscience has developed "Inteliphage", a revolutionary automatic phagogram, IVD for a fast screening of phages. This equipment provides a diagnosis in three hours instead of the usual three days, allowing Vésale to recommend and deliver a personalized and highly effective treatment in record time, which is life-saving in many critical circumstances. In 2021, Vesale Bioscience received the BioFIT award for the most innovative life sciences start-up in Europe.
Vesale Bioscience has a close Research and Development collaboration in phage therapy with The Belgian Defense (Queen Astrid Military Hospital) and other major European Institutions. Find more information on https://phage.health
To strengthen Vesale Bioscience’s team, we are looking for a (m/f):
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As a COO, you join the Executive Committee and you are the second in command. You are responsible for the management of daily operations, aligned with the company’s strategy. As the COO of the company, you are a senior-level executive who provides management, leadership and vision to ensure the organisation meets its short-term and long-term objectives. You help create enduring policies and a company culture that strengthens operational efficiency and generates revenue.
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
- Oversee the daily business and operations, and improve procedures for optimal efficiency.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Establish policies that improve and promote company vision and culture.
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve sales and organisational objectives.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Evaluate company performance and recommend strategies to improve results.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary.
- Collaborate with management to raise capital and carry out other BD strategies.
- You have a Master’s degree in Science or Business, or equivalent through experience.
- You have a proven track record in a senior executive role with an in-depth understanding of industrial operations, finance, business development and human resources.
- You have min 10 years of combined experience : at least 5 years in a Business Development position, and 5 years in a CxO position within a biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- You are experienced in strategic planning, business development and budgeting.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, drive and leadership, and you federate teams.
- The experience of an IPO is a plus.
- The knowledge of bacteriophages is a plus.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You are fluent in English.
- A challenging position within a high-potential biotech company.
- The opportunity to take the lead in the development of robust modern solutions to fight antibiotic-resistant infections.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.
Send your CV together with a short cover letter via https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/chief-operating-officer-coo-en/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.