Offre d'emploi : Production Development Manager (M/F)
Vesale Bioscience, a Vesale Pharma spin-out, is dedicated to organizing the development, production and distribution of bacteriophages. Modern phage therapy is the most promising treatment against antiobiotic multiresistant bacterial (AMR) infections, one of the biggest global health challenges, referred to as “the next pandemic” by the WHO. AMR is expected to become the single largest death cause within the next quarter century, surpassing cancer.
Vesale Bioscience has developed "Inteliphage", a revolutionary automatic phagogram, IVD for a fast screening of phages. This equipment provides a diagnosis in three hours instead of the usual three days, allowing Vésale to recommend and deliver a personalized and highly effective treatment in record time, which is life-saving in many critical circumstances. In 2021, Vesale Bioscience received the BioFIT award for the most innovative life sciences start-up in Europe.
Vesale Bioscience has a close Research and Development collaboration in phage therapy with The Belgian Defense (Queen Astrid Military Hospital) and other major European Institutions. Find more information on https://phage.health
To strengthen Vesale Bioscience’s team, we are looking for a (m/f):
Production Development Manager
As a Production Development Manager, you manage the development, organization, and optimization of the bacteriophages' production. You work together with a team of Phage Specialists from Vesale Bioscience and from the Queen Astrid Military Hospital (QAMH: Lab MCT), and you ensure the connection between the two production sites. You regularly report the evolution of the project to the CSO.
Your key responsibilities and main challenges are:
- You organize the production at the QAMH site (for an estimated period of two years):
- you develop and optimize production methods and processes for bacteriophages.
- You handle research towards optimal production circumstances for each phage.
- You take control of the daily production activities.
- You transfer production activities to the new site (new site foreseen to start in two years):
- You organize the production at the new production site.
- You translate and implement operational procedures in the new production site.
- You train new technical and operational Production Technicians.
- You maintain production and execute all necessary activities for optimizing production.
- You organize the production of drying phages and production of dry formulations.
- You hold a Master’s degree in Bio-engineering or equivalent.
- You have a strong experience in a comparable position, ideally in a biotech environment.
- You have good knowledge of production methods and processes.
- The knowledge of bacteriophages is a plus.
- You are organized and able to implement production and development programs.
- You communicate clearly and concisely.
- You have good interpersonal skills and you federate teams.
- You are fluent in English.
- A challenging position within a high-potential biotech company.
- The opportunity to take part in the development of robust modern solutions to fight antibiotic-resistant infections.
- An attractive compensation package in line with the position’s responsibilities and your experience.
Send your CV together with a short cover letter via https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/production-development-manager-mf-en/ or to email@example.com.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.