Offre d'emploi : Industrial Gases Manager - Public Affairs
The job would involve supporting our client on a broad spectrum of topics, including all manner of legislation and standardisation, and working with a number of key bodies across the globe.
Our client is a safety, health and environmental care & technically oriented organisation representing European and non-European companies producing and distributing industrial gases (medical, food etc.).
- Reporting to the General Secretary, the Technical Manager assists the effective technical work of the Association's Council(s), Working Groups and relevant ISO/CEN Committees : facilitator and technical lead.
- Develop an understanding of the technical issues involved in the work.
- Manage the working groups to ensure a consistent and prioritised output of documents and timely contribution to standards and proposed legislation
- Tracking, analysing and influencing European and international legislation
- Personal participation in external and internal technical committees and Working Groups
- Contributing to achieving agreement and ensuring Council priorities are respected
- Assist in ensuring effective organisation and presentation of technical seminars and meetings
- Active promotion of the external image and reputation of the Industrial Gases Industry
- Assist in ensuring that the Industrial Gases Industry position on key legislative or regulatory issues is effectively stated and presented to the relevant authorities
- Assist in maintaining effective relations with the national gas associations in Europe and with other international gas associations
- Exposure to an international environment and understanding of the European legislative structure
- Master degree in chemical engineering is a plus.
- Experience in a technical management position
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Capable of quickly developing good working relationships with all client's related disciplines and at all levels in member companies, legislative authorities and other associations
- Ability to achieve results by influencing others over whom he/she has no managerial authority
- Ability to act impartially and provide objective guidance (for example to working groups) within the gas industry environment
- Understanding issues of safety, health and the environment, and possible knowledge of industrial and medical gases is an advantage.
- Ability to travel and work unsupervised
- Verbal and social ability, well developed communications skills.
- Languages : Fluent written and spoken English.
- Permanent contract,
- The chance to work in an international company,
- The opportunity to grow and to develop yourself professionally and personally within our Group,
- An attractive salary completed by fringe benefits (company car + fuel card etc.).