Offre d'emploi : R&D Mechanical Engineer (M/F)
Founded in 2010, CryoTherapeutics is an early stage European innovator based in Awans. They develop a catheter for use by interventional cardiologists to treat atherosclerotic plaque that causes heart attack by delivering cryoenergy to the coronary arteries.
Cryo Therapeutics aims to develop and market the novel cryoenergy therapy initially for patients that have suffered a heart attack, and in the longer term also for patients identified by diagnostic methods as being at future risk of heart attack. For additional information about the company, please visit http://www.cryotherapeutics.com/
Late 2021, The Company closed about 12.3M€ which ensures great business ambitions thanks to strong international investors.
In order to support the expansion of the R&D team in Awans (Liège), we are looking for a (m/f) : R&D Mechanical Engineer.
As a R&D Mechanical Engineer, you will lead and take care of designing, developing and testing next-generation catheter delivery systems from concept to human use. Reporting to the R&D Lead Catheter Engineer you play a key role in the R&D/innovation activities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Conceptualize, design and develop innovative interventional catheters, including design requirements, prototype developments, pre-clinical and clinical assessments, verification testing and risk assessments.
- Support the design of the next generation catheter components, in collaboration with Quality.
- Support the development of new test methods, tooling and equipment procurement, and executing long term testing for catheters.
- Collaborate with colleagues and physicians in both pre-clinical (animal) and clinical developments in order to evaluate technology and to have a better understanding of cardiovascular anatomy.
- Work with team members (both Catheter & Console teams) and external partners to deliver project's technical objectives.
- Report results and work evolution on a regular basis to the top management.
- Establish timelines and ensures adherence to timely execution.
- Develop appropriate test methods for product evaluations, write and execute test protocols and test reports required per GMP and regulatory submissions.
- Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Master’s degree.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in mechanical design, development and industrialization, preferably within medical device companies.
- Experience in materials (plastics, adhesives and associated processes), and mechanical (small part) design.Experience with catheters is a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of software modelling for mechanical designs and components, as well as fluidic systems. Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling is a plus.
- Experience in medical device regulatory requirements, QMS and design control processes is an asset.
- Relevant technical expertise on extrusion, braiding, molding, and bonding processes.
- Proven record of working with and managing vendors for product and process specification and testing.
- Strong innovation and communication skills together with hands-on and pragmatic mind-set.
- Very good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated and team-oriented individual in a company setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Any other language is a plus.
- A challenging position with a high potential innovative medical device company.
- To work in a human-sized, collaborative and respectful environment.
- A variety of interesting contacts with international exposure.
- An attractive compensation package in line with your responsibilities and experience.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/catheter-engineer-mf-en/ or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
Postulez à l’offre: R&D Mechanical Engineer (M/F)
Vous avez déjà téléchargé un CV? Connectez-vous pour postuler instantanément