Offre d'emploi : PVC Recycling R&D Scientist
We are seeking : PVC Recycling R&D Scientist.
Part of INEOS, INOVYN is Europe's leading producer of vinyls and in the top three worldwide. With an annual turnover of €3.1 billion, INOVYN has circa 4,200 employees and chemical manufacturing, sales and marketing operations in 8 countries across Europe. INOVYN's portfolio consists of an extensive range of class-leading products arranged across General Purpose Vinyls ; Specialty Vinyls, Organic Chlorine Derivatives, Chlor Alkali, Hydrogen and Vinyls Technologies. INOVYN's annual commercial production volume is circa 10 million tonnes. See www.inovyn.com and www.ineos.com for more details.
INOVYN is a company of INEOS. INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and 'oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its production network spans 183 sites in 26 countries throughout the world.
This position is based in Jemeppe-sur-Sambre where the Inovyn Research, Development and Technology Center is localized.
Our client Inovyn is looking for a (m/f/x) :
PVC Recycling R&D Scientist
The job holder will be the key INOVYN R&D Scientist in PVC-containing plastic waste recycling technologies.
The development of an economically viable recycling technology will enable INOVYN to transition into the next sustainability generation. This will not only ensure the protection of the current market but will also open up new ones and pave the way to keep INOVYN ranking first in Europe for PVC production.
Kev responsabilities and Aacountabilities :
- Steer the development and co-development projects on plastic waste sorting and recycling technologies for difficult-to-recycle-PVC waste.
- Steer the development of pre-sorting and/or pre-treatment technology for diluted PVC waste streams.
- Develop know-how tools, Generate and Share a deep scientific understanding
- Chartered chemical engineer or Ph.D. in chemistry with strong background in chemistry, preferably in one of the following areas: cracking, catalysis and/or organic chemistry.
- 10 years of experience of which ideally 5 years in the refining and/or chemical pilot plant design and operations in one of the following areas: high-temperature continuous processes within Refining (FCC, steam reforming…), Petrochemicals (steamcrackers) or advanced waste plastic recycling (dissolution, pyrolysis or gasification).
- Openness to a doctoral or post-doctoral profile, if relevant thesis.
- Having a variety of experience in different areas is a plus (industrial refining and/or petrochemical operations, able to support industrial design from (lab) pilot data, different R&D fields, production versus research, analytical characterization, process simulations...).
- Working knowledge of pilot plant and /or laboratory systems design and operation.
- Analytical skills, scientific data analysis and interpretation, conceptual thinking.
- Good in written and spoken French and English.
- Strong organizing skills and self-motivated.
- Result orientated.
- Passionate for sustainability related topics.
- Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas/concepts.
- Innovation mind-set.
- Synthesis and quality of reporting.
- Openness to occasional international travel.
- The opportunity to join a solid and dynamic group in excellent health and experiencing significant investments.
- A unique opportunity to integrate an expertise function on a project of at least 10 years.
- Concrete prospects for future development.
- A contract of indefinite duration with an attractive salary package.