Offre d'emploi : Power Design Engineer
- ALSTOM BELGIUM
- Charleroi (Commune), Hainaut
- vendredi 23 septembre 2022
- Date limite
- mercredi 7 décembre 2022
- Ingénieur / Ingénieur de production, Ingénieur civil, Ingénieur industriel, Ingénieurs - général
- Niveau d'expérience
- 0 à 2 ans d'expérience, 2 à 5 ans d'expérience, 5 à 10 ans d'expérience, Non communiqué
- Type de contrat
- Temps de travail
- Temps plein
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Power Design Engineer
Purpose of the job:
The Power Design Engineer defines the power schemes and designs electrical components for traction drives or auxiliary converter systems.
Position in the organization:
The Power Design Engineer reports hierarchically to the Traction System Manager, and functionally to the Traction or Auxiliary Project Engineering Manager (PrEM).
He is strongly linked to others Power Design Engineers. In order to use and deploy the same development methods and ensure synergies, coordination and maximum carry-over between traction drives or auxiliary converter systems, the Power Design Engineer shall follow instructions given by the Power Skill Leader.
Under supervision of the PrEM, the Power Design Engineer shall carry out his mission in a tender, project, product or R&D team. He/She is in contact with other technical domains (mechanical design, control-command, validation, RAMS), and with Sourcing and Quality departments.
- Uses the design rules for Power
- Uses standard design deliverables for Power
- Uses the standards tools in line with Alstom expectations and rules
- Contributes to define rules and standard design deliverables
- Contributes to write knowledge guidelines
- Contributes to Return of Experience on power schemes and Electrical components
- Tender, product, project or R&D development
- Calculates electrical or thermal constraints related to all components of the power scheme (use MATLAB, SABER, MATHCAD or CITHEL tools) to fulfil all customer and normative requirements.
- Write corresponding design reports
- Define the interfaces of electrical components with mechanical department
- Specifies the electrical components of the traction drives or auxiliary converters
- Power electronic components (IGBT, diodes, …)
- Switchgear Traction motors Passive components (inductors, transformers, capacitors, resistors, busbars, …)
- Interface components with control electronics (sensors, gate drives, relays, …)
- Participates in design review with suppliers
- Participates in the business award and components qualification
- Specifies the power requirements to be exported to the control/command engineer (flux law, torque law, PWM strategy, protection thresholds, …)
- Participates in the definition of validation tests of the power scheme with the validation engineer Participates in investigation tests
- Contributes to the problem solving Prepares the power design reviews in accordance with DFQ system
- Participates in technical core team meetings
- Education: Master degree in electrical engineering
- Language skills: Fluency in written and spoken French. Able to communicate in English.
- Behavioral competencies: Autonomy, analytical mind, team spirit, good communication skills, time management skill; sense of priorities; hands-on approach, ability to take part in a project.
Don’t hesitate to apply via the "APPLY" button !
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.