Offre d'emploi : Signalling System Engineer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Signalling System Engineer
Purpose of the job
As a System Engineer and depending on your background and expertise, you will either :
Take part to specific deployment projects by contributing to the system and sub-system specification and definition, by contributing to the customization of the standard solution. Your main responsibilities will be to be contribute to :
- the definition, specification, analysis and development of group signalling systems; • their integration and test;
- the realization of tenders and local or international projects;
- the orientation of new products developments;
- the participation to the traceability of functional specifications;
- the improvement of the specifications in function of new specified needs;
- the conception of the system evolutions (mainly in term of maintenance and implementation of a new line).
Contribute to R&D activities to develop the future signalling systems by defining and developing the signalling system architecture and functionalities, defining and allocating requirements, evaluating design trade-offs, analyzing technical risks, defining interfaces. Your responsibilities will be to :
- Develop the system documents, including plans, specifications and other technical documents
- Ensure that the system technically fulfils the defined needs and enhancements (change requests) and that a proper system engineering approach is being followed
- Throughout the development, providing technical support to V&V, RAM and Safety Analysis. Interact with other System Engineers and with other métier engineers to ensure the design fits into the intended architecture.
- Develop typical applications of the system and manage design feedback from verification and validation team.
- Focus on technical process but strive to balance technical concerns with the program pressure deriving from cost & schedule. Minimize, by design, the System deployment cost, lead time and risk.
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the System Baselines, analyze and implement Change Requests • Prepare and participate to design reviews
- Contribute to system configuration activities, to requirement management activities
- Ensure that the system follows standardization approach by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions, and by providing an efficient system deployment kit (tools, user documentation…)
- Provide support to Program external stakeholders (Customers, Users, Tenders)
- Understand and apply the TIS System Development processes and contribute to continuous improvement (RoE, process,…).
- Advise the System Engineering Manager of the recommended path that the development should take, outlining the reasons for that recommendation.;
In either case, you would have the opportunity to join our teams in Charleroi (Belgium), from where Alstom is active through two centers of excellence:
- Signalling Systems – Center of excellence ERTMS (European standard development and implementation)
- Power Electronics – Center of excellence Traction Systems (Traction solutions / auxiliary converters / low voltage cabinets)
Important efforts in R&D support the development of these activities contributing actively to promoting a safe and performant railway network as well as sustainable mobility solutions worldwide.
Engineering graduate (bac+ 4 or bac +5) in electronics, automatics, Computer science, and/or telecom.
Desired knowledge / Experience:
- Knowledge or (at least) interest in system engineering and in Railways area;
- Experience, from 5 to 15 years, in Signaling and/or ERTMS, in vital railways or aerospace system (from system specification and design up to Test & Commissioning and maintenance) would be a major asset.
- Good general technical background.
- Computer literate.
Language skills: Good French and English oral & written expression. Other languages are assets.
- Good autonomy
- Excellent communication and inter-relational skills
- Open-mindedness, curiosity, will to understand and learn more
- Rigorous, analytical and synthetic turn of mind
- Intercultural mind, integration skills
- Team player
Don’t hesitate to apply via the "APPLY button !
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.