Created in 2019, VOCSens develops innovative gas microsensors for remote environmental monitoring, industrial, security and health applications, from device to actionable data. The spin-off aims to the development and commercialization of ultra-low-power low-cost multi-pixel CMOS gas microsensors based on the Internet of Things and the Industry 4.0.
The VOCSens technology, unveiling the invisible, is a crucial step in today and tomorrow's challenges related to ecology, health, economy and environment.
The company currently includes 12 dynamic and easy-going experts, and is about to launch the industrialization phase and to accelerate the commercialization.
Find out more about the company on their website: www.vocsens.com.
To support the growth of the company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, we are currently looking for a (m/f): Sensor Engineer.
As a Material/Electronics Engineer, you develop novel sensitive materials, integrate them with IC microelectronics and follow their characterization, leading to a reliable high performance microsensors.
Your responsibilities include:
- Participating in the design and fabrication of gas microsensors.
- Being part of the R&D of novel sensitive materials. You will implement them on dedicated semiconductor or exotic substrates via standard and custom (patented) methods in cleanroom.
- Following up the characterization of the gas sensors (impedance characterisation, characterisation under gas, noise analysis, SEM, etc.) in the technological platform.
- Participating in the technical advancement of the microsensors.
- Enhancing the actual methods of integration and developing news techniques when required.
- Having a strong knowledge of the state of the art and participate to commercial or technological exhibition and conferences.
- You have a Master’s degree in material science, electronics engineering or related field with at least 3 years of experience.
- You have skills in micro-fabrication (sensors, MEMS, micro-design, etc.).
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus.
- You are creative and have an innovative mindset.
- You can learn quickly and tackle issues in an autonomous way.
Nice to have:
- You have knowledge with the practice in cleanroom environment and/or chemistry lab.
- You have knowledge in the field of gas or environmental sensing.
- You have experience with the standard method of micro-/nano-fabrication and electrochemistry.
- A diversified and challenging position within a growing start-up in a meaningful field.
- The opportunity to join a human scale and dynamic company with a professional team.
- Working in an enriching ecosystem made up of customers, integration partners and university researchers.
- A competitive salary package including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to https://www.pahrtners.be/en/jobs/sensor-engineer-mf-en/ or via email@example.com.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.