Offre d'emploi : Locally-Engaged Information Technology Professional (LEITP)
- Canadian Forces Support Unit (Europe)
- Casteau, Soignies
- dimanche 6 novembre 2022
- Date limite
- mercredi 30 novembre 2022
- IT / Internet, Administration système, Analyste d'informations, ICT Engineer, Informaticien, IT - général
- Administration / ASBL, Armée police / Protection civile, Secteur public et non-marchand - général, Services Publics
- Niveau d'expérience
- 2 à 5 ans d'expérience
- Type de contrat
- Temps de travail
- Temps plein
Locally-Engaged Information Technology Professional (LEITP)
768 Communication Detachment Europe
Closing date: 30 November 2022 (Midnight – Berlin Time)
Who can apply: Persons legally entitled to reside and work in the country of employment indefinitely. See “Factors having an impact on your eligibility for employment” for more details.
Work week hours: 37.5 hours (full-time)
Location: Casteau, Belgium
Salary (step 1, gross): 5285.17 EUR per month
Salary (End step, gross): 7170.17 EUR per month
Positions to be filled: 1
Important messages :
Candidates are to use the cover letter to clearly demonstrate how they meet the experience factors listed in the essential qualifications, and if applicable, the asset qualifications. It is recommended that applicants use each factor mentioned in ‘Education and Experience Requirements’ as a sub-header demonstrating how they meet the experience, including the time period during which the experience was obtained. Resumes will be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter. Failure to provide this detailed information may result in your application being rejected from the process.
This position provides Information Technology (IT) support in the provision and support of PC and network services to Canadian clients. This support is accomplished by the development, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructure as well as installation, monitoring and testing components.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
· Two years’ education at an accredited post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology or another specialty relevant to the position. At the Manager's discretion, an acceptable combination of education combined with training and experience may serve as an alternative.
· English essential
· Experience (normally acquired over 3 years) working in computer science, information technology and/or IT service delivery
· Experience managing service requests and incidents through their resolution within Service Desk automation tools
· Experience working with Windows Operating System AND MS Office
· Experience troubleshooting IT problems
· Experience diagnosing and analyzing faults
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Ability to prioritize while working under pressure
· Ability to research and analyze complex IT issues
· Ability to decipher client IT requirements
· Effective interpersonal skills
· Client Service Orientation
· Attention to Detail
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
· Ability to communicate in language of one of the countries serviced by our office (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Latvia, Italy, Poland, Spain, or Turkey)
· Experience imaging and configuring computer workstations
· Experience in asset management within an IT environment
· Experience updating configuration management databases
· Experience with MS server and MS Exchange account administration
· Experience dealing with user rights and privileges
· Experience drafting technical instructions and/or Standard Operating Procedures
Conditions of employment
· Reliability Status
· Must be able to obtain, and maintain, a NATO Secret security clearance
· Depending on work requirements, hours of work will vary from time to time
· Your application must include an email address and you must ensure that this address is functional and monitored at all times and accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email). It is the candidates' responsibility to inform us of a change of contact information during the course of this selection process. Failure to respond in a prescribed timeframe may result in elimination from this process.
· You may be assessed using one or more of the following tools: written exams, interview, reference check, and other assessment tools.
· Your overall conduct and communications, including email correspondence, throughout the entire process may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
· Achieving the pass mark on any of the assessments used does not mean you will move forward in the selection process. Management may decide to use a score that is higher than the pass mark on any of the evaluations used throughout the selection process.
· Appointments are based on merit, which is achieved when the person appointed meets the essential qualifications for the work to be performed, and consideration has been given to:
- Any additional qualifications that are an asset to perform the work or for the organization, currently or in the future;
- Any current or future operational requirement; and/or
- Any current or future organizational need.
· Costs associated with assessment or relocation will not be paid or reimbursed by the employer (i.e. travel or any other administrative costs)
· Lateral transfers are possible within the organization, and these individuals may be given preference in the staffing process.
· Please include proof of your indefinite entitlement to live and work in the country where the employment opportunity is located (i.e.: copy of passport). Please note that the Canadian Forces Support Unit (Europe) does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
· Security clearance: Those selected must meet this condition on appointment and maintain it throughout their tenure in the position.
· The successful applicant will be obliged to take care of their own safety and health at their prospective place of work within their ability and in accordance with the instructions and orders of the employer. Furthermore, they are also obliged to take care of the safety and health of persons, who are affected by their actions or omissions at work. They are to report any direct and considerable danger to health and safety as well as failures of the safety systems to the employer or the relevant supervisor without any undue delay.
Applications must include curriculum vitae and a cover letter submitted via the "APPLY" button.
Note: Only applications in English will be considered.
Factors having an impact on your eligibility for employment
1. You must be a national of a NATO member country
2. You must be willing to undergo a background investigation in order to obtain a valid security clearance certificate from your nation
INFORMATION LEAFLET: Belgium
Some basic information regarding contract conditions
Work hours: Locally Engaged Staff are required to work 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day, from Monday to Friday. Part-time employees work the applicable hours of their Letter of Offer. All employees are entitled to a one (1) hour unpaid lunch break and two (2) fifteen (15) minute paid breaks per day.
Salary increases and increments: You are eligible for a pay increment after at least twelve (12) months of continuous service from your date of appointment or the date you received your last pay increment. The pay increment is effective on the first day of a quarter, which means the first day of January, April, July, or October in any year. Increments to your pay will be granted on the basis of your having met the set performance expectations, as documented in your annual performance review report. An increment is not a right and may be denied on the basis of your not having met performance expectations.
Probation Period: All new employees are subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months that starts on the date of appointment. This excludes any period of leave with or without pay that lasts more than thirty (30) consecutive working days.
Health Insurance: The employee must be insured with a Belgian health insurance provider/company.
Authorised Holidays: Eleven (11) working days to be observed as designated holidays during the following calendar year. The regular practice is to observe the most important local and Canadian holidays. If you are absent without pay on both working days immediately preceding and immediately following a designated holiday, you are not entitled to pay for the designated holiday.
Vacation: Fewer than 5 years of service: 20 vacation days a year 5 or more years of service: 20 vacation days a year, plus 1 additional vacation day for each year of service (in excess of 5 years of service), up to a maximum of 25 vacation days a year.
Pay Increments: The employee is eligible for a pay increment after at least twelve (12) months of continuous service from their date of appointment or the date they received their last pay increment. Effective quarterly – Paid Jan, April, July or Oct as applicable to TOS date.
Meal Allowance: All employees are entitled to a daily meal allowance of 5.91€ per working day and is paid monthly in arrears. The meal allowance will not be paid for Statutory Holidays or any type of absence from the work place.
Commuting Allowance: Must live a minimum of 5 km from work and rely on public transportation to apply. Up to 75% of the cost of public transportation for travel between home and work will be reimbursed upon presentation of proper proof of payment but will not be paid during any absence in excess of 2 weeks.
Thirteen Month Bonus: A thirteenth month salary is included in the salary scale and is spread over 12 months.
Vacation Bonus: The employee receives a vacation bonus, payable in May of every year and calculated as ninety-two percent (92%) of the average gross monthly salary for the last 12 months. The employee must be on strength on April 30 and on that date must have completed a minimum of six months continuous employment. If the employee has not completed (1) year of service, they are entitled to a prorated bonus.