Dawn Foods is a family American company that manufactures and markets a full range of high-performance products for the artisanal and industrial bakery and foodservice markets, including pastry mixes, fillings, fruit preparations, toppings ans glazes, chocolates and flavours.
The Manage Site (Belgium) manufactures products such as fruit-based fillings, fondants, creams, toppings, etc… (https://www.dawnfoods.com/be/fr/).
For its Manage site, Dawn Foods is loking for a (m/f)
Key Responsabilities and Role
As Plant Manager you will supervise all production and maintenance activities at the Manage site, in close collaboration with the other departments of the Company.
You will combine strong technical expertise with natural leadership to define an industrial strategy that respects safety, quality, deadlines and costs.
This position reports to the Director Operations & Regulatory Affairs EU & AMEAP and has a close functional relationship with the Supply Chain, Quality, R&D, Purchasing and Administrative departments.
Your main tasks are as follows :
- Manage the overall plant activities (production, SHE, maintenance, engineering, local warehousing) by leading and advising direct and indirect managers and staff to ensure strong team performance ;
- Coach your employees in order to optimize and develop their skills and know-how ;
- Support and lead continuous improvement projects and meet the requirements of various audits ;
- Establish and monitor the operational budget of the production site (estimation of production volumes, cost of raw materials, cost of labour, supplies, maintenance and repair of machines ,... ) ;
- Develop and manage master plans and Capex projects ;
- Plan and manage factory reports for budgets, production, quality, SHE, shipping and receiving, project control, etc ... ;
- Control the information needed for the dashboards ;
- Supervise and coordinate the production of new products, testing of new raw materials in collaboration with the R&D department ;
- Ensure the interface and operational continuity between production, maintenance, supply chain, production support and quality ;
- Coordinate the entire standard manufacturing process in order to meet the exact requirements of the customers in terms of quantity, quality and delivery times, and thus to respect the "Delivery Performance" objective, in collaboration with the Supply Chain department.
Required Skills and Experience
- You are an engineer or have a master's degree with an electromechanical orientation.
- You have 10 years of professional experience, including 5 years as a production site manager.
- You are a natural leader and have managed multicultural teams.
- You have successfully managed multidisciplinary projects including process optimisation and improvement.
- You have a keen and informed mind as well as a spirit of synthesis, analysis and good initiative in proposing improvements and taking decisions.
- You have a first experience in an international working environment.
- Experience in the management of relations with trade unions and associated structures (works council and CPPT).
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of TPM, 5S, LEAN Management.
- You use MS Office and knowledge of SAP is an asset.
What we offer
- An exciting job inside an international environment.
- A permanent employment contract with a salary and extra legal benefits (e.g. company car, meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, etc.) in line with your level of responsibility and experience.
Interested in this position ?
If you would like to apply for this post, or would like further information, please contact Bernadette Bertemes by email under firstname.lastname@example.org or via http://www.ingeniumrh.be citing the reference n° 221209.
Your application will be processed rapidly and treated in full confidence.
Please note that Ingenium RH is the exclusive agent for this position.