The client is looking for a Director Global Sales Strategy, Planning & Support to join his team in Brussels.
The Company is one of the world's largest hotel groups with almost 10 distinctive hotel brands, and more than 1,300 hotels in operation and under development in 120 countries.
The Group owns a global rewards program that delivers unique and personalised ways to create memorable moments that matter to their guests. It offers exceptional loyalty benefits for our guests, meeting planners, travel agents and business partners.
The Group Meetings places its guests and their needs at the heart of its offer and treats every meeting or event as more than just a date on the calendar. It's built around three strong service commitments: Personal, Professional and Memorable, while delivering on the brilliant basics
The Director Global Sales Strategy, Planning & Support is responsible for developing and executing the Group sales strategies across the Centre of Excellence (from now onwards CoE) aiming to generate demand, increase market share, strengthen relationships, drive loyalty and consumption from global corporate account portfolio, Leisure Travel, Luxury Travel and Meetings & Events segments into the Group.
Steering of 5-Year Plan & Sales Value Creation project (45%)
- Lead Sales Transformation
- Drive the Sales Value Creation (SVC) initiatives planning and roll out across the extended Sales teams
- Steer relevant guidelines for Account management and ensure an optimal Account portfolio assignment across areas
- Lead the central commercial relationship
- Pursue the ongoing strategic plan to develop & activate B2B Leisure partners
- Together with Area Director of Sales, identify initiatives and new markets
- Provide support and share specific knowledge to Sales teams in areas to boost Sales at a local level
Performance Management (25%)
- Supervise B2B CRM (SAP Sales Cloud) developments
- Continuous improvement of performance measurement
- Steer the improvements of Sales tracking tools & dashboards
- Monitoring of the Sales incentive plan
- Set targets & monitor the performance of the outsourced vendor
- Ensure that measurement systems are available, actionable and robust, to track accurately the production of all targeted global accounts a
Supervise Budget controlling & governance (15%)
- Handling and controlling the Sales cost budget on an annual basis.
- Perform the review of the budget governance to develop a cost-efficient model allowing for sustainable / profitable sales growth and flexible scaling of our sales effort in relevant regions.
- Propose the relevant arbitrations along the year
- Build business cases to request additional investments (Opex & Capex) when relevant
Professional Management Activities (15%)
- Spotting sales talent within the team/company
- Creating succession plans for all senior positions and direct reports.
- Driving team performance through clearly focusing effort through objectives and targets.
- Addressing performance issues in a supportive, timely and decisive manner.
- Ensuring that all people in the team are trained and equipped to excel in their roles
- Providing sales advice, guidance and direction to the team, communicating regularly and monitoring performance in a thorough, fair and timely manner.
- University degree at bachelor level or equivalent or experience in lieu thereof
- Significant work experience in Strategy roles including people management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Excellent soft skills, especially communication skills given the high level of interaction and coordination with Area leaders
- Facility to enhance collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Analytical capability to treat financial data and be able to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Ability to provide focus and direction to the Sales team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Budget and management skills
- Ability to deliver performance feedback to the team members
- Knowledge on the tourism sector, accounts evolving needs and preferences, other industries potential, competitive environment, and strategic approach to address the new reality
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- An attractive salary package including extra-legal advantages
- A nice and challenging work environment
- Opportunity to grow and have responsibilities
- International environment