Robert Half Talent Solutions is currently looking for an M&A Specialist for a permanent position based in Brussels.
Our client is a fast growing company active in the real estate sector.
As M&A Specialist you will be responsible for:
- You actively look for opportunities in the target markets analyzing the location, the current performance of the target, looking at the target's potential for, etc. You can use the available resources within the company to analyze all these elements in great detail.
- You assist with the financial modelling of the different acquisition opportunities together with the dedicated finance team and review jointly with them the underwriting of every investment opportunity.
- You present in a concise and clear way the investment opportunities to the company's Investment Committee.
- You are the go-to person for the acquisition opportunities that have been assigned to you for both the seller, the due diligence and the integration teams ensuring these processes get completed properly and on a timely basis.
- You are pragmatic in finding solutions for problems that may arise during the different stages in the acquisition process.
- You develop relationships with internal stakeholders and resources in order to develop a strong dynamic and ensuring swift and efficient deal delivery.
- You also develop relationships with various external stakeholders in the industry which will include: owners, operators, investors or developers of Self Storage product and which will be the potential source for getting M&A deals in the pipeline.
The required profile for the M&A Specialist position:
- You are a team player, able to interest and excite people to support your projects and ensure they deliver deals together with you
- You are a pragmatic thinker and a quick solver of issues. You don't see problems everywhere you think of solutions which will ensure the deals get done without taking on too much risk for the company
- You are an individual that is good at developing relationships with others through your natural demeanor
- You have drive and enthusiasm to deliver on your and the company's goals and you radiate that through your behavior every day
- You can read and understand basic financials (income statement, balance sheet and basic financial ratios) enabling you to quickly assess what the numbers are telling you exactly
- You have been involved in some M&A projects in the past and have some solid notions on financial underwriting of investment projects
- You have experience in running due diligence process on some M&A deals and understand the basic mechanics of a due diligence process.
- You like real estate and have a genuine interest in it. You like it when we talk about square meters, location, catchment, rental rates, urban developments, density of population, etc.
- You have a university degree (ideally a Master).
- You have +7 years of experience in finance, auditing, M&A, or its equivalent.
- You have a track record of running projects successfully together with both internal and external parties.
- You have at least +7 years of successful solid experience in organizational management.
- You have experience of working at a senior level in a complex environment, managing multiple transformation projects with a range of stakeholders.
- You are fluent in English and you speak either German, Dutch or French.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Interested in this position of M&A Specialist at a young and dynamic company? Apply today.
Robert Half BV processes the data from applicants that is required to carry out the application process. You can find more information on data protection, in particular on your rights, at https://www.roberthalf.be/en/privacy-notice.