Be the key pillar of the finance team in our young, dynamic and successful creative consultancy to learn & develop your career.
About the company
Happiness Brussels is a reknowned Creative Consultancy Agency offering a unique combination of services under one roof: business & growth strategy, change & innovation management and strong creative marketing campaigns
- Our mission is to help brands spread Happiness. Because brands that spread Happiness do better and matter.
- We are recognised for our strategic and creative abilities and have been voted Agency of the Year for the second time in three years. The corridors here buzz with creative and strategic insights, developed into high-profile campaigns to perfection by a fine team.
- We offer everyone the chance to flourish and develop, both personally and professionally. We are keen to help you grow, by providing you with an empowering and rewarding work experience and opportunities to take language or other courses.
- Values such as openness, multicultural, 100% freedom and 200% responsibility are key factors to us and our success.
- Working for us means integrating a stable, multicultural, young and friendly team with many events: Drink - bbq - team event - trip (Barcelona, Venise, ...), break at 16h with music.
- Our headquarters, located in Vilvoorde, are reflecting our young and dynamic spirit. It is a space where people feel good and creative and people can even bring their dog! It is also easily accessible by public transport (train or bus)
- Our onboarding is the most creative and an experience in itself.
As a Junior Accountant, you will support the Head of Accounting with various financial and HR/administrative tasks such as:
- Registrering purchase invoices
- Preparing intercompany invoices and reconciliation of intercompany positions
- Tracking payments from customers and suppliers
- Verifying payment requests and preparing payment requests for approval
- Providing support for the annual audit
- Managing the vehicle fleet, company insurance, archives and a variety of HR-related tasks
- Taking care of some ad hoc requests from management (e.g. financial or operational statistics, providing input for industry surveys, customer requests, etc.)
- Monitoring and possibly leading internal projects related to finance or administration
You will work directly with Elena (Head of Accounting) who is known to be very helpful, communicative, positive and enthusiastic. She will ensure a smooth onboarding and help develop your skills and knowledge in Finance.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and hands-on team member with preferably a Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar position is a must
- Fluency in Dutch and English, good knowledge of French is a plus
- Love for figures and analytics but also general administration
- Proactive thinking and a 'can-do' attitude
- Communicative, not afraid to ask questions
- Organisational skills, ability to prioritise and deliver under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of MS office and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge of accounting systems is a plus (experience with Expert M is a plus)
- Eager to work in an international environment
- Affinity with, or experience in, the creative or advertising industry is a plus
- Available at short notice
#Finance Assistant#Finance Administration#Accountant Support
- A permanent contract full time or 4/5
- An attractive salary package:
- Salary between €2,700 and €2,900 gross
- Meal vouchers 8€ per day
- Group insurance
- Hospitalisation insurance (DKV)
- GSM subscription
- Intervention public transport/ mobility budget (bicycle)
- Excellent working conditions:
- A schedule of 38 hours per week between 8.30am and 6pm
- 2 days of teleworking per week after introduction period
- Working in a very pleasant workspace: a separate desk for Finance, equipped kitchen, coffee, tea, fruit, biscuits, shower, frigo with healthy food (paid), ...
Are you convinced that this job is for you? Then apply now using the button below!
Behold the recruitment procedure:
- Nathalie Hautphenne responsible for this vacancy, will analyse your application and give you a quick reply (positive or negative)
- If your application is withheld after an initial interview, she will give you personal advice on how to prepare for the interview at Happiness
- The personal interview will take place with the Management
- If there is a match on both sides, you will be offered a contract.