Offre d'emploi : Chief Executive Officer (M/F)
Established in February 2019 and based in Belgium (South of Brussels), VOCSens’ mission is to increase the safety & health of people and ecosystems, by making the invisible visible. The company has developed a novel concept of environmental camera: a multi-gas microsensor with multiple sensing capabilities on a single chip, based on semiconductor manufacturing.
This disruptive technology allows environmental monitoring and process control in many market segments including Chemical and Oil & Gas, Agri-Food & Recycling, Smart Buildings and Smart Cities, among others.
VOCSens is supported by trusted financial partners and convinced investors, both public and private, with a high strategic impact thanks to technological and market-oriented mindset. The first round was completed in September 2021, with a total raise of 2.5 million EUR.
Find out more about the company on their website : www.vocsens.com.
To navigate VOCSens to the next level of growth and performance, we are looking for a (m/f):
Chief Executive Officer
As CEO, you will focus on accelerating VOCSens development, ensuring the company is ready and fit for future growth. Setting the tone and improving operations for the whole company is where you start. Increasing performance, raising new funds and growing capacity & team are your first milestones.
Your focus will be:
Outward looking :
- Building partnerships and strategic relationships: you build strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders: your board and investors, your customers, your suppliers.
- Representing the company: you are the face of the company and communicate effectively with the media, investors, and the public.
- Raising capital: In order to grow and scale operations a second round of fund raising is needed in 2024. You are responsible for securing these funds and ensuring that the company has the resources it needs to be successful.
Inward looking – Organisation :
- Ensuring company ability to deliver through anticipating, planning, assessing risks and making agile and sound decisions to positively impact the business.
- Multi-hat responsibilities: Operations, Strategic HR and Finance are part of your responsibility until the company is large enough to hire senior leaders with expertise in these fields.
Inward looking – People :
- Building on the existing, adding your own spark: You demonstrate a subtle mix of Vision, Execution and People drive. Company’s vision and mission are set, and the culture is getting built. You will adjust where necessary: ensure dots are connected and that people are engaged and aligned with company’s goals and values. You are able to think critically, be creative, and make decisions quickly in order to keep the company moving forward.
- Developing and leading a talented team: The start-up co-founders are part of the executive team. You have the talent to embark, re-engage and further co-develop with your executive team, instilling your own style. You attract, retain, and motivate top talents as well as you engage, develop, and lead the existing operational team of 17 towards their best potential.
- Master’s degree in business management, engineering, finance, marketing or equivalent.
- Your own motivation and engagement are key: you are motivated by the thrills and challenges that are inherent to any “startup to scale up path”.
- Proven experience in an executive position in a similar environment, with experience in fund raising and fast growth (at least with 1st financing round; preferably 2nd and 3rd ones).
- Experience in the entrepreneurial and industrial world in the sensor and/or semiconductor fields is a must.
- Ability to create trust, team engagement and to drive execution: you are a strong leader and communicator who can build trust and inspire others to achieve great things.
- Confidently humble, results driven and able to create team spirit and strong collaboration, you are a team player yourself.
- Ability to drive the company’s mission, vision, and business agenda in alignment with the company’s culture and values.
- Ability to navigate both ends of the scale: from strategic leadership to operational management.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English & French.
- A challenging position within a high-potential innovative growing startup.
- The opportunity to join a human scale and dynamic company with a motivated team.
- The opportunity to promote and develop a micro-tech company to the international scale.
- Varied contacts within the academic world, the industry and investors’ community.
- An attractive package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to https://www.pahrtners.be/fr/offres-demploi/chief-executive-officer-mf/ or via email@example.com.
Your application and any related information will remain strictly confidential.