Offre d'emploi : Engineer with related understanding of European legislation and policies
My client is a company located in the European centre in Brussels (Belgium). The company employs 92 people, has 43 members (countries, experts from various industries, etc) and is considered to be a business catalyst in European industries and consumers. It offers a highly intellectual environment driven by innovation and competitiveness.
Their mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment.
Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specs. Since the continuous growth of the company they are looking for an Engineer (other academic background, but with relevant technical experience is also possible) who will work as a project manager in the Manufacturing unit.
- To work on supporting, coordinating and promoting standardization activities with relevant stakeholders in the machinery sector, notably helping the Technical Committees in the transition from the Machinery Directive to Regulation, including new aspects related to the digitalisation of the sector as well as providing support to Technical Committees working in the field of measuring instruments.
- To follow the political, legislative and technical developments related to the machinery sector, thereby fostering deeper collaboration with industry stakeholders and the relevant European Commission’s services and agencies, seizing opportunities to attract more experts and new stakeholders.
- To attend and contribute to relevant seminars and conferences in order to inform about and promote the company technical activities
- To pro-actively cooperate in the development of EC/EFTA standardization requests and ensuring their timely execution
- To prepare documents for decisions by/recommendation to the relevant governing bodies and ensure proper follow up
- To ensure consistent and coherent contributions to cross-departmental activities, through effective collaboration with other Units
- To facilitate the introduction of innovative topics and/or new initiatives in the standardization work
- Master degree in relevant Engineering field or Political Science/Business Administration
- Understanding the functioning of the European regulatory framework and the surrounding context and the involved stakeholders
- An understanding of the machinery sector and associated European legislation and policy and initiatives in this area
- Experience with identifying and assessing new developments applied to the relevant field of expertise (EU legal requirements, sectoral specific progress, …)
- Pro-active and positive attitude, flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Effective planning, organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage simultaneously multiple projects/tasks
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Project Management Professional / Certification is a plus
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Outstanding fluency in English (written and spoken), other EU language is an asset
- Ability to structure and present complex information in a simple way
- Ability to work in multicultural environment/team and to respond to needs and expectations from divergent stakeholders
#quality#standards#regulation#standards officer #standards facilitator #machinery #EU #public affairs #manufacturing #measuring instruments
My client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.