Offre d'emploi : (Senior) Accounting Officer
The EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL BUREAU
a network of more than 180 environmental citizens’ organisations,
is recruiting for a new
(SENIOR) ACCOUNTING OFFICER
The European Environmental Bureau (EEB) is looking to recruit a (Senior) Accounting Officer to work closely with colleagues in Finance Team and to be a liaison between different Policy Teams and the Finance Team. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn and contribute to the EEB’s work. The position is based in the EEB office in Brussels.
The (Senior) Accounting Officer will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger, prepare accounting financial reports, perform account reconciliations, assisting with audit preparations and perform other duties as assigned.
- Supporting the full cycle of the monthly accounting processes, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts; Reviewing and encoding monthly payroll, salary payments; Receiving, processing and when necessary, examining invoices and processing accounts payable; Daily posting of Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) invoices in the new Project and Financial Management System (Sales and Financial Force) and in the old Accounting and management software (Winbooks); Daily booking of the bank statements; Assisting with the preparation of annual accounts and related audits; Administrative financial support.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in commerce, finance or bookkeeping Minimum of 3 years experience working as an Accountant (5 for the Senior position) Good written and spoken English Knowledge of MS Office (advanced Excel skills are an asset) Knowledge of Sales Force/Financial Force software in an asset Ability to work independently Strong analytical and organisational skills Prepared and able to work in a dynamic working environment Capability to prioritise and work with several tasks at the same time while respecting strict deadlines Interest in working in an environmental organisation Subscribes to the EEB’s values
- Having at least one of the following qualities would be an asset: Knowledge of French
- Experience with audits
The EEB offers:
- An open-ended contract A competitive salary (starting from €2,865 monthly gross for the Officer Position and from €3,502 for the Senior Position; subject to level of experience) coupled with various legal and extra-legal benefits: holiday bonus, 13th month, pension scheme, luncheon vouchers, teleworking indemnity An opportunity to learn more about functioning of a non-governmental organization A stimulating, international work environment An opportunity to work for a worthy cause
Applications consisting of a letter of motivation and a comprehensive CV and should be sent to email@example.com. Only applications comprising these two elements will be considered. Please clearly mark: “(Senior) Accounting Officer” in the subject of your email.
Due to limited staff resources and numbers of CVs anticipated, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply.
Location: As our contracts fall under Belgian law, the candidate must commit to being officially registered in Belgium and working most of the time from our office in Brussels. This currently entails structural teleworking (with at least 1 day in the office per week depending on the position).
Deadline for Application: 15 June 2023
Interviews first round: week of 19 June 2023
Proposed starting date: As soon as possible
Please note that we will ask shortlisted candidates to provide two references.
The EEB is an equal-opportunities employer. We respect our employees’ private life, including where they are taking up care roles. We strive to be an inclusive organisation and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates.
Please have a look at our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Policy.
Please read our recruitment privacy statement before applying.
European Environmental Bureau AISBL
Rue des Deux Eglises 14-16, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 289 10 90
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: http://www.eeb.org
International non-profit association - Association internationale sans but lucratif (AISBL)
EC register for interest representatives: Identification number: 06798511314-27
BCE identification number: 0415.814.848
RPM Tribunal de l’entreprise francophone de Bruxelles
Plus de recherches comme celle-ci
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Finance / Comptabilité | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Administration financière | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Gestionnaire de dossiers | Bruxelles-Capitale
- Jobs : 0 offres d'emploi en Finances / Comptabilité - général | Bruxelles-Capitale