Offre d'emploi : Finances & Administration Manager
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The Operations and Finance Manager, will oversee the work of finances, operations and administration Officers and report to the Secretary General.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and manage the Operations and Finance team in effectively delivering on tasks essential for the daily management of the organisation.
Ensure financial and legal compliance with the Belgian regulations.
Coordinate, supervise and motivate the team.
Ensure good and efficient coordination, communication within the team and collaboration with the other department managers.
Report on Operations and Finance matters.
Support the Secretary General in the organisation of the General Assembly and Council of Members.
- Develop, manage and monitor operating and projects budgets in collaboration with the Secretary General.
- Ensure the forecast and execution of the budgets in collaboration with the other Managers.
- Ensure that the resources are allocated efficiently.
- Ensure coordination of the audit and the liaison with auditors.
- Support the Secretary General with reporting on financial key matters to the Board, Member Organisations and Financial Control Commission.
- Deal with the Memberships Fees calculation and reporting.
- Manage the organisation’s bank accounts and keep the UBO register up to date.
- Prepare and organise the meetings of the Financial Control Commission in collaboration with the Events Manager and the Secretary General.
- Negotiate with the European Commission to reduce administrative burden / costs and find efficiencies.
- Ensure compliance to our Financial guidelines and Grants obligations.
- Develop the necessary tools and procedures to ease the financial monitoring.
Administration & Operations
- Improve, develop and implement operations standards, systems and processes (such as purchasing/procurement, contracts, GDPR, prevention and protection at work, sustainability, business continuity, etc.)
- Ensure the good management and monitoring of the office and ICT equipment in collaboration with the Operations Officer.
- Deal with the contracts and procurement with the support of the Operations Officer.
We are looking for a person who
- has managed annual budgets of 3 millions or more;
- has managed multiple EU Institutions grants and dealt with their procurement and reporting rules;
- has prepared and managed Operating Grant and Projects Audits;
- is familiar with the Belgian-based financial regulations;
- has managed and supervised a diverse team;
- is good communicator and has a pedagogical approach;
- well-organised and can juggle different priorities;
- has a good understanding of non-profit membership organisations in general, youth organisations in particular;
- has operated in a fast paced environment;
- can work with Office and Google suite.
Personal qualities and competencies:
- You have a strong commitment to Youth Forum values.
- You like managing people and practice active listening .
- You lead by example and foster a collaborative, motivational leadership style.
- You address challenges in a timely manner and develop long term solutions.
- You know how to prevent and manage your team stress and work burden.
- You like to solicit feedback from your team with diverse perspectives to reach a common, best solution.
- You think strategically and facilitate change,
WE OFFER: An open ended contract, full time (35 hours per week), with 3.700 euros a monthly gross salary in a friendly working environment. We offer a 13th month, hospitalisation insurance, flexible working from home policy with indemnity, extra holidays and other benefits. If you are hired outside of Belgium we cover your relocation costs to Brussels.
For this position, you should be willing to travel and work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends when Board and other meetings take place. This position being based in Brussels candidates should be willing to relocate or live in the surrounding area.
How can you apply?
If you are interested to become our Finance and Administration Manager please use the European Youth Forum platform:
How to apply with the online application system?
1. Create a user account: click on "Registration" and fill in your personal details.
2. Go to the "private area” and login with your username and password.
3. Click on the vacancy and apply.
4. Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held mid June . We would like our Operations and Finances Manager to join the team as soon as possible .
Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We kindly ask you to refrain from phone and other social media inquiries. If you face a problem with your application please send us an email to email@example.com.
The European Youth Forum welcomes all applicants without any distinction to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.e political affiliation or chronic illness ”.